Kingdom Come: Deliverance - E3 2015 Teaser

For those that may have not seen it yet.

18 Likes

And maybe some discussion about it? :smirk:
Look at the half-swording technique and there is some mail under the plate!
Also the first person visor is very interesting. Even the background has a nice new detail, Sázava Monastery! Great! :smiley:

1 Like

Im really impressed and enjoying the comments section!

I have seen several responses hating on Fallout 4.

I cannot wait for this update! Im ready to get my hands on a sword again!

1 Like

Really liking what I’m seeing here.

Looks really sharp and textures look amazing. Animations are looking great too. That half-swording technique though, nice. :smile:

2 Likes

really cool. but usually isn’t strap of the cuirass supposed to be underneath the aventail because helmet is put on last?

Guess he put the aventail on first before everything else.

I really like it! Though I wonder if they really need to do the backswing like that (0:26 and 0:30)? Its waste of time and stamina.
Perhaps it is for gameplay porpuse, to make sworfight a bit slower than it is in the real life (thus giving player some time to react and actually make it playable) which is understable.
What you think?

The teaser for the teaser (E3) was the Videoupdate#11 :smiley:

No there was an actual video update 11.

i think it’s due to he is attacking after he was pushed back.

btw which one is henry? i think he’s the one with the hood. man with pointy helmet and skirt seems like an evil person.

pbr is really doing amazing things for the metals

Videoupdate#11 was posted 01.06.2015
E3 Teaser 04.06.2015

Look at min 2:02 at the Videoupdate#11. It´s the same fight, only shorter. :wink:

But back to the teaser…
I like the view through the helmet. This was discussed in the forum.
Better view if you have a helmet with big holes for the eyes, but you have to cover… :+1:

3 Likes

Keep up the great work guys!

The in-helmet cam at ~21 secs (EDIT: as pictured in the post above) in is exactly why I voted for first person only in the poll. I’d really like to see this kid of stuff fully implemented in-game. Wearing a helmet offering such great protection should come with trade-offs; better for game-play, realism and overall immersion IMO (on a personal note I’d love to hear how that thing sounds in a thunderstorm with rain pelting down on it - Yikes!).

Also, as a PC gamer through and through, I really appreciate Steam coming first in the list of platforms at the end. I know all are meant to be considered equal, but let’s face it for most cross-platform games the PC logo is normally after those of the consoles. Just a small thing, and maybe unintentional, but I like it ;).

2 Likes

Just some constructive comments based on my observations; you can see pretty clearly in this still grab below, how the fabric layer overlay is ghosting through the metal texture of the armour. Didn’t notice that in real time.

And also note the strange hand positioning of the opposing warrior comparatively to the angle of the sword and the hilts actual position as well. It looks like some strange wrist / palm grip. Thought it was worth noting.

View through the helmet looks sweet though huh. Great to see that implemented :smile:

http://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/2X/e/eef09a28dbacdf2fe204d9eecd6751faa10805bc.png

1 Like

will be great to tip up the visor for better view

1 Like

The helmet view is really cool, but that black strip between eyes is weird. When you wear helmet, your eyes focus on the stuff around and this piece of metal practically disappear.

5 Likes

I don’t think so - if the metalbar in the middle is either thick enough or so far from the nose that both eyes can see it, then it won’t disappear. Try it out - hold up your indexfinger an bring it between your eyes, it won’t disappear. Then form your fingers like your holding binoculars. When you bring them close enough to your eyes the fingers in the middle will disappear - but the further you move your hands away, the more you will see of them.

1 Like

Yea I know that, it depends on helmet construction. But when I look on 0:19 (thickness) and on 0:40 (distance), I still insist.

This combat is a breath of fresh air compared to other games out there at the moment. I’m anticipating that each fight in this game will be as heart pounding and adrenaline pumping as any large boss battle in other games. I feel like the fights in this game might take you to a more personal level. Hopefully… fingers crossed. I’m now starting to wonder about the damage system, dying, respawning, etc. Is there a limb damage system? How will we heal? Can we tend our own wounds through a mini-game? Is there a way to heal faster (through apothecary agents and rest?) If you approach an opponent who defeated you earlier will he mock and tease you when you try to fight him again?

I’d just like to put my thoughts in there about the teaser…

Choo Choo goes the hype train!! :wink:

Also i better start cutting down some trees so i can power the old computer for videos over the e3 period :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice video. Can’t wait to try it out in the game.

I am wondering one thing tho, and I hope the experts will forgive my very limited knowledge of medieval combat, but what was the point of slashing the shoulder?
The sword will never get through the armor like that. Shouldn’t the knight go for a piercing attack instead and try to hit a weak spot that can be pierced?
It appears this kind of fight will end only after an armor piercing hit or one of them gets tired and the other knight takes an advantage of that.
I wonder how that will reflect into the game. Oh boy I’m so hyped. :smiley: