Kingdom Come: Deliverance framerate stability advice

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a game that places a very heavy load on the CPU, so if even lowering the graphics settings doesn’t have much impact on framerate stability (Game-Debate - most important Graphic options), we recommend closing other programs that put a strain on the CPU, such as web browsers, streaming and other CPU-intensive processes.

Thank you

What made my game even more beautiful and gave me better FPS and stable FPS is:
(only for Nvidia the first point)

and this:

Well I upgraded from a 7700k @5.1 ghz to a 8700k @5ghz, no avx offset. The 8700k has significantly faster multicore performance, but with my 1080ti overclocked aswell I can’t play 4k. I thought the upgrade made more improvement but it hasn’t made much. It’s overall smoother in rattay but that’s about it. I can play 4k but then I use performance optimizations mod.

The CPU never gets at 100% although I put cpu bound settings on ultra. It only causes frame drops…

Yes all my parts are fitted properly. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15013705

I got it running mostly stable 60 fps without stutter even in Rattay. Drops happen to high 50’s at night with torches in Rattay and at night in some indoors environments like the weapons dealer in Rattay.

I run an i7-8700k on stock clocks, Asus Strix GTX 980, 16GB ram @3000MHz XMP 2 profile (tighter timings than 3200MHz XMP 1 profile) and game installed on an nvme ssd.

The CPU and the nvme ssd makes quite an impact on the performance. If someone runs it from an hdd try running defrag. Might improve performance a lot. Also the ingame shader quality has the most impact. Well resolution of course too. With my 4GB of vram I can’t do more than 1080p without HD textures. Medium shader setting and tweaking with lighting and shadows did the trick for me.

I play on a TV. Hence the vsync and fov settings.

Resolution: 1080p
Window mode: FullScreen
Vsync: 60Hz
Vertical FOV: 60

Antialiasign: SMAA 2TX
Object Quality: High
Game Effects: High
Lighting: Medium
Particles: High
Physics: High
Postprocess quality: Medium
Shader quality: Medium
Shadows: Medium
Textures: High
Water details: Medium
Volumetric effects detail: Medium
Vegetation detail: High
Object distance: 75%
LOD distance: 50%
Vegetation draw distance: 50%
Motion Blur: Object

User.cfg: (I don’t think these have much if any impact on the performance)
sys_budget_sysmem = 16384
sys_budget_videomem = 4096

Asus Strix GTX 980 MSI Afterburner:
Core Clock: +150
Memory Clock: +400

At 1080p my fps are also a rock solid 60fps. But 4k just looks so incredibly amazing. I use very high mostly. Only lowered shadow physics and shader.

Out of curiosity can you get a stable 60 on 1440p with otherwise same settings?

Yes then I’m above 60, although my refresh rate is 60hz. Only in rattay it will drop a little sometimes. But there’s a noticeable difference between 1440p and 4k.

delete my post

I had a go but it was the wrong way around, lol. Good point.

On my 4k screen I can tell immediately if I play 1440 or 4k. 4k is crisp sharp. It’s bullshit to say you almost can’t tell the difference.

Aint the difference between 1440p and UHD similar to 720p and 1080p? That is noticeable difference.

Not everyone can tell the difference, it depends on each individuals eyesight. People with good eyesight may see a big difference, while people with terrible eyesight (like me) probably won’t notice that much. So saying it is bullshit that people can’t tell the difference is stupid.

Can u see the awful blurring while moving caused by AA? And there is no help for that unsless u move to 1440p or 4K. Well u can always use supersampling but that is way too heavy to run.

4k is the biggest areshole invention right after early access concept :smile:
Maybe somewhere in future people will relaize that her 4k and other graphical trash destroying story and gameplay

Well this thread is getting out of hand quickly. Nevertheless I switched between fhd and 4k and the only thing I noticed was that the contrast seemed to be a bit washed out on 4k. That and the performance was about 1 frame in an hour. Turning up the shader made a difference for better no matter what the resolution was. Weird. Well I’m playing on a 55" lg oled, sitting about 2,5 meters away and no hd textures. Drinking brandy and being old and blind.