Kingdom Come Deliverance | Will Kingdom come deliverance be a witcher 3 beater

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big Witcher fan, so for me, this isnā€™t even close.

2 Likes

Played the witcher and etc., so KC:D is a different thing at all aspects. Maybe, some storytelling and etc. might be the same, but at other aspects - thyā€™re different. Thereā€™s no need to beat something. Game industry need to mature and progress. It would lead to better technologies and all the stuff. We need to bring new things to the games.

3 Likes

Nobody honestly knows how successful KCD will be because its so different. People so far seem to ā€œhateā€ the animations and voice acting, and they make it sound like that will keep them from playing the game. (Probably millennials.)
I played the witcher 3 and enjoyed it quite a bit. I still play it. I did not like how much fantasy was in the main story line though. What I like about the witcher is that the world explains itself, as in several dimensions/portals opened and all of the ā€œmonstersā€ and other creatures landed on this planet. Other fantasy games are like ā€œthis is the way its always beenā€ and Iā€™m largely uninterested in them. I like the darkness of the witcher, there is LIMITED magic, nothing too crazy it seems, I like the world as there are actually things to do. I also like in TW3 there really isnā€™t any ā€œmagical forestsā€ or anything like that. It seems like one of the most ā€œrealisticā€ fantasies Iā€™ve ever seeen. What I donā€™t like is the fact that it is largely region locked via level system. I HATE IT SO MUCH because idk where to go 90% of the time, there are areas where it makes no sense level wise and that really bothers me. Another negative for me is that you really canā€™t be that much of a bad guy. In the end it seems that Geralt always has a soft heart. In the next witcher hopefully weā€™ll be vesimer when he was a lot younger and maybe he wasnā€™t a nice guy at the time (maybe have an actual choice)ā€¦ It would also be neat to see who he learned swordsmanship fromā€¦
KCD is different because the world is in fact smaller, but that is not a bad thing whatsoever. There is no magic (YAY!!!) and the combat system is realistic. There is no fantasy, these are historical events that happened, you can be whatever kind of person you actually want to beā€¦ hopefullyā€¦ I think that a major difference between the two games are level locking and quest diversity. It seems that on TW3 there are 2 outcomes to quests. On KCD at one of the public areas where you could play the game, 5-10 people played at the same time for the same quest and none of them had the same experience. THAT is what Iā€™m excited about. You seem to have more freedom with KCD than TW3. Another thing is that the base game is first person. Itā€™s going to be easier to make it third person, whereas TW3 is already third person and 90% of the time no one makes good first person mods for third person games. I think this is a major deal for me too, especially with all of the modding potential with KCD. I would like to see a mod of the witcher world but with KCD mechanics and what not but probably a spin on it.
Bottom lineā€¦ No one knowsā€¦ and TW3 released long agoā€¦ there are still gonna be witcher fans like myself that will play itā€¦ These arenā€™t multiplayer games like COD and battlefieldā€¦

1 Like

I played The Witcher - and gave upā€¦ returning with FCR, I played it through and mostly liked it (apart from liberties they took with the book characters (which I had read the first few of at that point)).

Witcher 2 came outā€¦ and again with FCR I found it more enjoyable (it took down the ā€˜high fantasyā€™ elements to a degree).

Witcher 3ā€¦ played it and the two expansions through 3 times. (well twice for B&W). I liked some aspects, was indifferent to others. Overall better than the previous titles in most respectsā€¦

But I much preferred the environments, first person view and combat in the KC:D beta. Less than a month from the release date I am solidly convinced that I am still enjoying it more than I did W3 - and I have more time in game than I care to think about in both titles.

I definitely know I will need to have at least 2 playlines in KC:D - there is no way that I donā€™t want to see the ā€˜stupidā€™ decision and their outcomes too - and I think I want to still play in keeping with the ā€˜typeā€™ of Henry and how he learns that fits those decision types.

I especially want to explore the option of not ā€˜justā€™ hitting things with sharp and blunt objectsā€¦ as that seems to be my go to styleā€¦ being good at it, even if not using it when ever possible. Seems like a really bad idea thoughā€¦ so maybe for playline 3, where Henry is very much about talking and making good honourable decisionsā€¦ or playline 4 where he uses poisons, drugs and being ā€˜invisibleā€™ and inoffensive.

The Witcher 3 will be hard to beat played thousands of games and still nothing touches the sides of the Witcher which Ive played through 4 times (ps which I canā€™t normally do) not even Skyrim or fallout.! But Iā€™m always happy for a game to out do other games isnā€™t that what us gamers always hope for.! The only poke I have at this game is you canā€™t have the option of first person and third person Both have its advantages but also taking into account the fighting play/style might not have worked in third person. But I will say if any game has the potential to surpass the Witcher itā€™s this master piece and god I hope so. But at the end of the day it always comes down to personal opinions thereā€™s always that somebody who has something to complain about but unfortunately thatā€™s the world we live in and this game wonā€™t be safe from critics. But if this game comes out half as good as I think it will itā€™s gonna change the landscape for future games all over again big time.! Small studios like CD project red and warhorse are the future creators who deeply care about there game and not just revenue.

1 Like

Beating the Witcher 3 is surely doable as long as the main quest is long enough and there are plentiful side quest. I doubt the minigame ingame Gwent will beaten though. What I saw we only have a game with square cubes, doubt that will win from Gwent. The combat surely will win though.

I have always felt it a shame that so many get hung up on comparing this game to ones that have come before. What KCD attempts to be has never been done nor attempted before so comparing it directly to titles like the witcher and skyrim do neither title in the comparison justice.

Its going to be interesting to se how many people end up loving it believe before that they would like ā€œrealismā€.

3 Likes

Nahā€¦ I donĀ“t now if i buy itā€¦ 50%YES and next 50% noā€¦ idk, itĀ“s looks still weird.

realism trumps fantasy dragons any day. deliverance wins by default

As much as I liked TW3 I have never finished the game, neither started any of the expantions, I made it to the islands, and stoped playing, no specific reason, but I just did. Having said that is a great game and I know Iā€™ll go back to it eventually.

to me, KDC is the type of game Iā€™ve been waiting for so long, from the organic landscape, amazing forrest design, level of detail on buildings, historic setting, etc. I hope KDC lives up to the hype, so far, Iā€™m more than pleased with the work and passion the developers have put into it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a fan. But what keeps me a bit sceptical are the facial animations and the story. We will see whether they will deliver. :smiley:

i donā€™t worry about story. i know dialog may suck from time to time, but that is cost of making a game where you have literally 100 thousand lines. but vavra has proven himself numerous times in the story department. facial animation they say they are working on the blinking and micro expressions and other procedural stuff so outside of face cap cutscenes, no dead faces. overall, i am only worried about bugs and such. i hope patch will correct those.

4 Likes

#MeToo- I believe if antything is going to be better than in TW:3 itā€™s going to be the story

3 Likes

Witcher 3 and expansions are genuine masterpiece. best game I have ever played, dethroning Fallout 2 after 18 years. BUT I do expect and hope Kingdom Come is similarly good, albeit in slightly different aspects. For example I expect dialogue and cutscenes to look worse in KCD, but quest design might be even stronger as far as gameplay goes.

But best would simply be if KCD was great and successfull and we had not one, but TWO premiere RPG studios in Central Europe.

You have to say however that itā€™s not exactly a fair comparison. Witcher 3 is the third part whereas KC:D is the first. It would be fair to compare Witcher 1 and KC:D.