Lacks raw combat/violence

Gore is not planned, no chopping limbs. You mostly know how opponent is hurt that he curses at you and animations when he crouches or touches himself, stops for a moment. Blood will not be flying everywhere. Combat was slowed down compared to reality because they fear game would be too difficult but I saw boss fight where he actually kicked player’s ass easily.
This is all presented in their videos, not my thoughts.

Like i said, im not talking about unrealistic splatter gore like in movies etc, something more realistic and subdued. Its silly to whack on a peasant/bandit on the head when hes not wearing any protection with a sword, and not seeing any damage done. Takes me completely out of the realism they so much want to seek. The combat speed seems more than fine to me. Dont get me wrong, i love what the game is already, and most likely will buy it, just my 2 cents on it.

Beta footages run on 15 months old build with a working draft for a combat system. No point in drawing any conclusions as to how he final system will play like.

A wise man

I think that Mordhau struck the right balance between brutal and realistic. Having partial dismemberment is brutal enough to satisfy the player but still within the bounds of realism. Perfect dismemberment should be rare anyways to keep it a pleasant surprise rather than an expected result.

their depiction is just ahead of the curve, maybe normal people still have to catch up from their primitive desire to see gore, even at the cost of realism and immersion. in any case, i say fuck the normies. no offense

LOL

That term is used precisely to indicate great offense.

I think Mordhau system is better because you can move faster. If that was achieved with your mastery skills in fencing I would appreciate that. Game already has slow down when doing special moves, it does not need to be so slowed down. I would also appreciate it to have difficulty settings to make it like in Mount and Blade where your opponents simply act and move quicker when you set to high.

I was specifically referring to the system of partial dismemberment which was added to compromise between people who disliked the unrealistic ease of which dismemberment could originally occur and those like OP who demand brutality in their games. IMO the combat system currently in effect for KC:D is preferable to that of Mordhau for the purposes of single player. That said speeding up the combat would be nice.