Learn from the Witcher 3

That’s what I thought

Did a small research. Just look:

The system is actually good and reminds me of how it was in Gothic - the game automatically aims at nearest items if they’re close enough - but again, why need center dot with that

I don’t know, maybe the “game of the year” suggests they’re doing something right.

2 Likes

More like overrated game of the century. I dunno who gave it ‘game of the year’ status and I don’t care. They can spend 80% of their budget on advertising and other fancy shit, buy any awards but this won’t make their game any better

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

agreed. witcher 3 has the worst combat i’ve ever seen, roll all over the place. also you have infinite block even if they hit you in the knees they magically hit your sword. funny shit. marketing made this game what it was.

The Witcher 3 wasn’t marketed to be a super realistic experience. The core game play was good, and turning up the difficulty to Death March madethe game significantly harder by removing hp recovery and removing healing from meditation, reducing exp, and making enemies even stronger.

Also the mod support makes the game even more realistic. Have you guys tried the The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition? Literally 5000% harder than KC:D, everything cost stamina from blocking to attacking. I died 30 times in the beginning during the Ghoul ambush. You can’t waste a single resource or you’re done. You attack spend resources and miss, you’re done. You make too many attacks that land, deal damage but have nothing left to defend you’re done. No room for error with this mod, it rewards patience, skill and even added new mechanics that force you to be more involved with countering and ripostes you can’t just push a button to make it happen anymore.

1 Like

I have to politely diasagree with that.
The witcher 3 was a lot more.

The combat itself was more than rolling from one side to the other (wich also cost stamina).
People who know how to do it properly make it look epic!
Besides, The Witcher 3 is a whole different setting: Geralt is a witcher, a mutant with basic magical abilities and super human reflexes. Not comparable to an average 27 year old blacksmith apprentice who never lifted a finger before his place got burned down.

The witcher 3 has several different endings, KCD just one.

3 Likes

Steam reviews of KCD, 71 percent positive replies for all time, 72 percent for recent.
Steam Witcher 3 reviews, 97 percent positieve replies for all time, 95 percentage for recent.
I am sure they did something good. Angry Joe score of 9. KCD is a good game, but not as good as Witcher 3 for now.

2 Likes

horses for courses. you love anime and drawing it so can see why witcher 3 would be more your bag. my gripe is you could steal everything in front of their faces and no one cared, no immersion. plus third person took the immersion out further.

more endings don’t make it better, sometimes one great ending is enough.

Wow, please don’t judge me for some random pieces of info.
Don’t assume you know what I love and what my “bag” is.

True, the stealing was bad (in some cases the npcs reacted tho).
There is even a mod, that fixed that (yes I mention mods, because this was a huge plus for the devs).

Third person was imho awesome, I could see my fancy awesome looking geralt (he’s hot!) and I had a wide angle of view.
I pretty fast feel boxed in, especially very often in KC:D

I don’t know why one has to hate on one game to like the other.

Even the devs from KC:D stated they loved the witcher 3 and were inspired by it.

4 Likes

40hrs in the game, played on max difficulty. Still no complex mechanics, boring protecting sign spam and rolling all over the place. And savescumming a lot. This is not what I call a difficult game

God, who cares what plebs like. This is not how you separate gems from other pretty crap

1 Like

anyone who gave kcd 71% is in serious need of help tbf

This wasn’t the intention to roll over the place, you are geralt not sonic.
If you can’t do it better, it’s not CDPRs fault.

I can do it too with KC:D even without mods.

Well, WH needs money and hope for good sales numbers, like they said themselfes.

Why, because the have a different opinion than you?

3 Likes

71% is not a rating out of a 100. It means 71 out of 100 people liked the game. With the Wither is it 97 out of 100.
Also @SasauCat if the non plebs who disliked the Witcher, which would be 5% then I do think it would be best for the developers to listen more to the plebs and less to the group that represents 5% of the reviews.I do not know what your 5% group would be called ´´MLG pro gamers´´?
Also this thread isn´t supposed to be about which game is better. It is supposed to be about being able to change the HUD, or at least have the ability to turn things off and on.

2 Likes

i admit if i played few games i’d probably think witcher 3 was amazing. but i played so many and spend a lot of time gaming. its not a bad game per se but it left a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Sure, who cares what would be best for games. Who needs unique ideas when you can just make a telltale game clon with rudimentary RPG elements, spend most of your budget on marketing and there you go, success.
And it’s 5% of people who own the game. I’m one of them, unfortunately, but I tried the game just recently and only because sir Vavra said a couple of good things about it. Otherwise I would stay away from it because I didn’t like how it looks, smells and everything since the beginning

I don’t even hate witcher itself as much as its fans annoy me. Why WHY overrate it so much and why they have to show off their perverted love to this game everywhere

1 Like

Guys just keep going of topic, if you want, just continue your own mini topic inside the one I made. It already seems this thread is not valid anymore. So thanks to the people above here who seem to ignore the topic and just point out their own agenda. I get the troll does it, but that doesn´t mean you should copy cat it. I guess I re do this thread later, but then just contact a mod to help make sure people stay on topic, instead of their own agenda.

1 Like

I know I am being little troll-ly here but I swear I don’t mean to offend anyone. But it is hard to not reply to someone when we disagree.
I do agree WH should give more options hud customization options to consumers.
But Witcher 3 is best game ever because it received “GOTY” awards argument is not good.
Destiny 1 received BAFTA GOTY…Awards doesn’t mean sh*t…
The whole gaming and most of the internet is getting dominated by children.
Now I am not telling Witcher 3 is a bad game but don’t shove “Witcher 3 is the best game ever” to the people who don’t like it. peace
For a lot of us KCD is much much better than Witcher 3.
Witcher 3 is not the only game with customizable huds.

2 Likes

Sorry you don’t like the game.

They are both totally different games, going for totally different markets and audiences. The Witcher 3 is a high-fantasy storytelling RPG, KC:D is a non-fantasy RPG which focuses on realism.

If you think The Witcher 3 is boring I encourage you to try and play it on the Enhanced Edition mod. The difficulty curve is so much higher there is literally no way you could spend “40 hrs” and get bored because the difficulty is non-fulfilling. The Enhanced Edition of TW3 is by a MASSIVE margin more difficult than KC:D with some of the difficulty mods at nexus attached…

But to each their own. I personally enjoy both games, both are two of my favorite RPGs. I’ve been a fan of The Witcher series since the first one was released back in 07.

2 Likes