Leaving private areas after asked to leave

I have been poking around almost all buildings that I can in the early time of the game so far (and as an aside, I have really enjoying it).

Luckily this only has happened once with actual guards but - what is the best way to be allowed out of a private area after someone confronts you? I have found I am more often than not actually blocked into a corner or part of the room by the AI and I either have to smash sprint/jump to get around them, but then they’re agitated because I was so physically rude. I was actually held up by a guard because I couldn’t get around him as there was a barrel, a beam, and then him infront of the only exit…into the jail i went.

I’ve tried waiting, but it’s not always working in time before they get really mad.

Anybody have some surefire procedure to get out? I imagine this is somewhat of a bug but figured I’d see if anyone is getting around it already.

I reported this specific bug, with suggestions about implementing a “gently push away to exit” command/dialog option, to clear the path…
The best possible option right now is to have enough room to draw NPC to you, making him/her freeing the doorframe to exit… :confused:

Thanks for the info!

I was trying to do that too. Unfortunately some of the areas I have been in has not allowed that room of movement. I might try to tweak my sound settings to maybe hear footsteps better to try and take a more active approach from being cornered.

I like the gently push away type of suggestion - I feel it could be implemented similar to the surrender command, but of course it would be utilized in context:

Asked to fight - surrender
Asked to leave - indicate you will leave with no conflict which causes them to make space

1 Like

Yea i used to have that same problem untill one day i figured out all you have to do is just continue to run right through them ignoring all the ranting npcs usually do when you bump them somehow henry will magically warp past them but you have to do it continuously in the same direction