Let us buy act 2&3 and get the 2mil. pledge goal already

title says it, let us buy act 2&3.

1 Like

There’s a tier that lets you get act II, and another that lets you get act III as well. The trouble with putting in for them now as separate add-ons is Warhorse can’t promise they’ll be made at this point. They have to finish act I first and actually release it.

6 Likes

It’s not a bad idea to be honest. Given the option to be able to pre-purcahse the releases with the understanding that they may or may not get made for a discounted price I’d buy further in. I’m in support of this idea.

I think it’s just difficult to promise further acts when Warhorse still has to just finish and release the initial act first. I don’t think it’s a good path to go in by offering even more “buy-ins” toward the additional acts as standalone things before the game releases.

Right now, it takes Duke just to get in on act 2 and King or higher to get in on both act 2 and 3, but people are getting other things beside that - the alpha/beta, dice, the coin, shirt, poster, etc. Even if something happens that causes the later acts to go unmade, people are still set to receive other goodies along the way.

It may end up that Warhorse does offer buying into the later acts a la carte at some point, but until they can 100% guarantee they’ll be made, it’s hard to do anything but add a disclaimer that says “We can’t promise this, and you understand this is non-refundable.” If people get that and don’t mind the potential risk, maybe that’s fine. Then again, that’s more or less what we’ve already agreed to based on how Kickstarter technically works. This project sounded like it was a lock if it funded and it blew away the goal, so I’m not really worried about that side of things.