Let's talk about the new trailer "Born From Ashes"

Not exactly the video I was expecting honestly. But after seeing the video and reading the dreadful comments on YouTube. People only seem to care about facial animations, lip sync, fps and nothing else. They hate it so much, that they refuse to buy the game and spread their negativity. You guy’s barely replied to the rare positive comments hidden throughout all the garbage. Just out of curiosity, what are you guy’s currently working on? Because whatever it is, it isn’t what people want apparently. I felt like I was growing a tumor as I was reading the YouTube comments. They compare it to Mass Affect Andromeda level of facial animations “My face is tired”.

Thanks, I will go on Youtube to answer some more comments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, new trailer. While faces are not particularly perfect, I like the trailer, the dialogues, and finally that D. Vávra character seems to be some real person, not himself. I saw there were few more of developers’ faces. Not a bad idea. I would like to ask as the question popped up to me right now, will you add the look of wounded Henry? I mean it would be cool if you fought, you used some bandages on yourself and you would see that for some time (let us say till he goes to bed).

Yes, every character will have an alternative wounded look :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like the new trailer. But the guy at 1:20 what the fuck is he wearing? xD

Well at least you’re enthusiastic about it, finding good comments was hard for me.

I have no clue

I don’t get it, there is no other game that compares to this one. Why all the negative feedback?

Most people like to point out obvious, it does not look like real life.

New trailer is awesome and facial animations are not that bad people are complaining but I am little concerned about facial animations during dialog.

It’s youtube, the same with Steam forums. they are toxic places and full of trolls and people you can never please.

There is a reason most YT channels just disable comments, there is a lot of hate going around there for very little or no reason at all.

Keep working on the game till you guys are happy with it. I’m sure it will turn out amazing as Dan and the rest of team envisioned it to be.

1 Like

In fact trailer is quite nice with very good animations. It is only that some “not so polished” pieces were added there. For me it means that animations are being worked on, some are already good, and some not yet. It can be expected, if the game is not yet released.

People don’t seem to get that through their head. They expect Uncharted 4 level of animation for all their games.

It’s the uncanny valley effect at work. While the anims are technically good, they look just enough wrong to throw you off. The hyperrealistic art style only exaggerates it. Otherwise the trailer is nice, though unfortunately the feedback from others is not overly positive.

I tend to agree, this wasn’t the trailer I was expecting… :confused:

It’s a little bit of a nothing sort of trailer if I’m being critically honest, not very inspiring unfortunately… All the textures and lighting look fantastic (as do the models) but the animations are still pretty clunky. The characters have that rigidity about them which makes them look stiff and robotic. The overall direction and editing seemed to be just that little bit off as well. *rushed perhaps. Then there’s the lip sync being slightly out too. Overall, the polish level of this trailer isn’t up to the standard of what most of us have come to expect from you guys. So no wonder people are calling these sorts of glaring issues out. At this point It’s probably fair enough I suppose.

In saying all of that though, I think it’s completely unfair to compare this to the likes of ME:A. Contextually, WarHorse are not a AAA studio and the very fact that the vision and game itself has gotten this far and looks as good as it does, is a real testament to their work effort and commitment to the vision…

I’m on the fence on this one really. Slightly disappointed, and yet fully appreciative of the work, time and effort that no doubt went into it. Tough love :pensive:

9 Likes

As most of people know warhorse studios is small studio and KCD is thier first game and first experience.I think KCD looks far better than skyrim although skyrim was old but was made with big budget and big studio.if KCD development is in trouble warhorse Studios should clarify it may be through video update.if facial animations cannot be made properly they should announce it and there will be no hate.Warhorse studios should make profit from first game to make quality of second game which people are demanding.A lot love for warhorse studios :+1:

1 Like

But here’s the thing, it isn’t the fake cinematic trailer we are used to seeing from other companies. It’s a honest trailer no doubt, all in-game footage. It was well put together in my opinion. But facial animations was very…‘robotic’, lip sync was off, I could tell that without my glasses.

I don’t understand why they decided another trailer would be a good idea. A waste of time in my opinion, it’s best if they all focus more on the game (no doubt that they do). I expected a video of the games overall progress and what they are currently working on…etc. Maybe some news from the developer, like changes made or more things being cut out (god forbid).

I think it is because the other one has reached over 2mil. views.
At least they hear how important face animations and lip-syncing is for the internet now, 6 months before release.

Yes u are right second trailer was not necessary.first trailer had won the hearts of people.Remember the video update in which Daniel Vávra explains that some features are not possible(blacksmithing etc)although it was against promise of kickstarter but people did not go mad and praised honesty of developer

1 Like

Facial animations just need polishing 6 months is enough time

1 Like