Linux version

While I understand the difficulties of releasing a Linux version at the same time as all other versions and don’t mind having a Windows version too much (I own that game loader anyway) I would like one day to be able to play this game on real operation system. To be honest one of the reasons I backed up on the level I did was the pipe dream of having physical Linux version of this game.

I think that the game will be worth it even if I cannot run it on an operation system that makes some sense, but I still need to remind everyone that there are people who would love to have Linux version. Even later.

2 Likes

Dan Vávra’s reasoning for sacking Linux is that the engine does not support it, even though its makers claim it does.

Tough luck, no linux version coming our way.

What version Cryengine is this running on? To my knowledge Linux support was added to 3.6, but wasn’t the game being developed on original Cryengine 3?

I’m also one of the Linux physical copy backers. For me, Windows version is useless and I cannot imagine myself playing this without keyboard and mouse on Xbox controller… :confused: I completely missed information about Linux version problems. Where I can read/watch it, please?

Agree with all your Views.