Little rant about beds and chests

I have to say that the beds and chests are placed very impractically. I mean we have 2 beds and 2 chests in Rattay which are basically right next to each other. Then we have 2 beds in Talmberg but no chests. And that’s pretty much it. Why don’t be have a proper bed in Sasau? I mean you can sleep in the infirmary in the monastery but still. Am I the only one who thinks they placed beds and chests rather unwise?

There’s lodgings everywhere, you can’t afford 2 Groschen for a bed?

3 Likes

Well due to a bug I lost some items because I placed them in a chest in an inn so I don’t trust them anymore. Anyway what I wanted to say is that there is not much sense in placing two beds/chests in the same city/region while in other places you have none.

not quite: no bed in Samopesh. not even in a barn that isn’t belonging to the hamlet.

just down the road from the monastery is the Inn/tavern. For around 125-200G you can buy a perma bed and chest.
Just south of Talmberg across the river is an inn/tavern where there is another perma bed for sale.
become the Master huntsman of Talmberg and HIS place is yours
You can buy these perma beds and chests at all inns and they stay yours for the game
Sounds like your a lazy pinch purse.

1 Like

First of all I didn’t even know that you could have the rooms in the inns forever. I always thought you could buy it for either one night or several nights but not forever. Didn’t even try that option because I never stay in one place longer than one day. So don’t call me lazy pinch purse! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Anyway in Sasau I use the bed in the infirmary and the house of the huntsman in Talmberg has no chest (at least none that is connected to your other chest). And again I’m not complaining that there are no or too less beds and chests. I’m just saying that the beds and chests we have are placed impractically. We don’t need two beds and chests in Rattay and we don’t need two beds in Talmberg that have no chest. It would have made more sense if we got a bed and chest in Sasau. You get me?

yes there is once the place is yours; it is one of the three chest in there.
I have used it.
if you would have bought a room for “several days” a mini window pops saying you just bought a perma bed and chest and can buy more at other inns.

That would make sense. I guess I have another chest bug then…

Yeah now that I know, I will definitely buy them, thanks!

the bench as a bed is crap in the hunts master lodge; but works and with the bed perk an ok one for saving and resting.
edited for clarity

A friend that has since passed away taught me in these games is to EXPLORE , poke around, open unexplored areas on the map and try options, aside from doing the main stuff and side stuff.
Be a tourist and" buy the hat and Tee shirt and souvenirs and the season pass" might discover something earlier than you might otherwise.

1 Like

There is so many complaints about this game, and the answer is often “it is because you haven’t discovered the whole game”. To help you i might say that you may use your horse to store your belongings if the lodging chests bug for you.

2 Likes

that depends on the horse and perks

“Everywhere” was a figure of speech. I meant that there are beds within reasonable distance of almost all the areas one would need them. Samopesh has no quests as well as being within a 3 minute ride from Merhojed and Sasau.

Probably because you took the room for only one night, in that case, I wouldn’t store anything in the chest . Rent it for several nights which in the game logic = permanently, then you can safely store your items.

I just found out that I didn’t lose my items, I just stored them in the chest in Rattay, lol. And I always thought that all chests are connected to each other, guess I was wrong.