Livestream on Thursday 9PM CEST

Join us at our next Warhorse Studios Twitch Livestream on Thursday 21st at 9pm CEST. See brand-new E3 - Kingdom Come: Deliverance Material you haven’t seen in the Beta yet. The journey through Bohemia will be guided by Tobi and our Technical Designer Martin Ziegler.

Have you seen our latest video? Have some questions? Thursday 21st 9pm on Twitch is the day and time to place ‘em. See you! www.twitch.tv/warhorsestudios

11 Likes

People from Rataje prepare for the livestream. i’m really excited…hope there will be some real hot stuff… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do you have more questions for the Livestream please? :slight_smile:

Mehr Fragen für den Livestream bitte. :slight_smile:

Some small questions from me:
What about polearms? Will there be available on release and Can we see them in Action before?

4 Likes

@don_quijote Is this really all you want to know from the live stream? Hmm not much. Come one…you can do better… :slight_smile:

You ask for questions? Okay… :slight_smile:

1. How about hunting? How deeply will mechanics go? Will be possible to find regular paths of wildlife, so hunter will be able to find them more easily? Didn’t notice that in current Beta.
  2. Will be possible to have more horses than only one? So one can be for battles and the second one for moving your stuff around? Or maybe to buy a wagon?? :slight_smile: (okay, wagon is fantasy, not very useful according to map size imho)
  3. Can I see livestream later on youtube, again? :smile:
  4. How about food decay? Do you plan to make it longer to decay, so it will take several days before it is useless?
  5. Obligatory question: roughly time of release? Can be guessed a little bit better, than 2017? :slight_smile: (sorry, there would be most likely someone else to ask :smiley: )
  6. Mass combat (more than 1v1). Is there any ongoing work on this? Last time I saw this, there was a mess of a lot of NPCs duelling 1v1 on big place, but nothing that would remind formation combat or something.

that’s all for now, leaving some room for others :smiley:

4 Likes
  1. There has been feedback given on configuration of Brigandine or coat of plates, which is different from the current implementation (which has no overlap of plates and even a gap between them, rather than overlapping segments and larger chest and upper back plates - essentially a Brigandine is a cloth coat internally lined with a split breastplate with a multi-element fauld and upper back inside a single garment, which can be easily put on by a lone soldier, unlike coat of plates (fastens in the back) or breastplate which requires some assistance to strap on and correctly assemble.

2. Feedback has also been given on the timescaling and relation between ‘realistic’ terrain scaling (compared to Dan’s description of “!potato landscapes”). Within this context the current 4 seconds to the minute time seriously distorts the time taken to move around the landscape (or to for example dump bodies behind a tree rather than in the middle of the road). I have described this as potato time, which might be an appropriate scaling to go alongside a potato landscape, but seems much too fast within the Beta. Will WH reduce the scaling to a more consistent factor (closer to 2:1* or lower, rather than 15:1 as now)?
    *2:1 based off the maximum distances between real towns compared to in game locations, while within the unmodified parts of the map the scale seems to be 1:1

3. Is it possible to say anything about providing the final release on GoG or other non-Steam platforms?

2 Likes

Anything that can be shared on the development of the Blacksmithing mechanics would be great.

Its been the most anticipated crafting mechanic, and we have heard little on development.

We have seen small teaser content which is nice but some discussion on how its coming along would be fantastic.

The only real Question I can think to ask is - Aside from the AI what has been the biggest challenge the team has faced with development?

2 Likes

#1.) Horse combat > Yay or Nayyyy *see what I did there?! :smile:
#2.) Any details on the Tournament mode would be welcomed
#3.) AI optimisations, challenges and how that’s progressing (Crime system etc.)
#4.) Thoughts on having a dedicated dagger slot (so a total of 5 slots for combat items instead of 4 - primary weapon, shield, bow, quiver and dagger)
#5.) Release window!!! I’m still pushing to know more :wink:

3 Likes

I want to ask about state of mini-games such as cooking, silver digging and alcohol distilling. Also curious about drinking and potentially puking :smiley:

1 Like

You guys answered all my quastions last live stream, so I dont have anymore :frowning:

1 Like

I would like to know:

1. Will be crossbows in the game?
    1. Which animals can we expect in the final game?
    1. From where does the blood at your armor come from? Is it your own blood or the blood of your opponent? Does the blood animation fit to the situation.
    1. Do NPC’s show a different behaviour on sundays (mass) or at public holidays? Or if the NPC is a Jew, does his behaviour change on Sabbath?
    1. How does the in game economical system work? Will there be hauled rafts at the river?
    1. How does the skill system work? As far as I know, the fencing skill will speed you up. So I call it a action orientated skill. How about other skills, like persuasion?
    1. Will there be different configuration options for the general game difficulty?
    1. Can you miss a main quest if you, for example arrive to late at the battlefield?
    1. Will the encounter of cumans drop drastically, when the hungarian army went home because of the invasion from king Ladislaus the Magnanimous of Naples?
    1. Crafting system, which items can be crafted by the player?
    1. How do NPC’s react, if they like Henry or dislike him? What would they do, if they recognize him as a well known murder or as a sworn follower of house Lippe or was it Laipa?
    1. How does ingame justice work? Are there other punishments to the player than paying a fine?
    1. Does a character look and behave differently if he is ill? Could characters get scars or do some characters show physical weakness like a harelip?

That it for now. :wink:

More questions:

• How about companions, will they have special skills, so you have more options to do something?
    • Whats about the dog? Is it just a fighting dog or is there more?
    • If bandits do their own live would they for example rob a caravan and will this have a in game impact, so the tailor couldn’t make the fancy clothes Henry ordered?
1 Like

very good questions imho!

I said there will be someone else asking that anyway :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

1. How about some jew “pogrom” quest? Where you’d be able either join one or another side, possibly try to stop it or prevent it? Or maybe even jew side-storyline? :slight_smile:

Question:
Will there be collision sounds with the foliage?

• At the moment you can run through the thickest bush/forest in the world with your horse at 50km/h speed and you hear nothing. Immersion breaks right there.

Question:
Will the combat be less clunky and actually enjoyable in the final product?

• At the moment the combat just seems boring, extremely clunky, NPC’s are easy to kill and EXTREMELY stupid.

Question:
How easy it is to earn money in the final product and will armor and weapons cost alot?

• In Skyrim for example money was so plenty that it had no meaning, you’d end up millionaire within couple of hours of gameplay and could buy everything you’d want.

Question:
Will there be children?

• I sure hope you don’t go down that cuckold road and exclude children because social justice warriors.

Question:
Will there be more blood and gore?

• At the moment there is none in combat. This game needs more balls instead of back patting and head stroking.

Question:
Will there be hand holding?
-Please tell me not. I absolutely hate it when in every new game these days the game thinks you have down syndrome or you are a complete retard. We are grownups, don’t ruin the game because some 11 years old cannot play it without instructions every 2 seconds.

At the moment I feel that the bigest problem with the game is its “clunkyness”, it is just so akward to play.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a realism and history freak. But this should be game instead of simulator. Balance is what we need.

1 Like

No there won’t be. Id hyper link but its pain on mobile, search the forum for will there be children.

There is a lengthy thread that has the discussion on why, as a shortcut search for Hellboy (Dan Varvra) and read his posts.

Sorry for czech. I can not speak english very well.

Jak to vypadá s Linux verzí?
Budu moci svoji kopii hry aktivovat na GOGu?
Budou ve hře děti alespoň v nějaké minimalistické verzi? Třeba jako v Metru? Středověk bez dětí je zkrátka neúplný.
Půjde ovládat povozy či jsou pouze pro NPC?
Budu si moci jen tak sednout na volnou lavičku?
Půjde šplhat na skály a ne jen skákat?

Předem když tak díky za odpovědi.

3 Likes

Okay, thank you for your questions, I will print them out and give them to Tobi and Martin.

The Livestream will start soon, at 9PM CEST :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry, I regret to wasted time for this. There wasn’t much new informations and a lot of questions wasn’t answerd. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Well Im kind of disappointed.I hoped that the whole stream will be about answering the questions or getting some news about development, instead of talking about topics that are constantly covered in every video. Its kinda sad that I got much more new informations from Seanarchy studio tour :smiley:

3 Likes

Okay, thank you for the feedback. :slight_smile:

1 Like