Lockpicking on ps4 - food for thought

i am not going to rehash the things i have read in the other threads that say the lockpicking is too hard.

i just want to point out something that many people are not aware of. and i hope the devs can take this into consideration.

the difficulty of the lockpicking minigame is quite dependent on the responsiveness of your analog sticks.

i have a ps4 controller that is only a few days old. using that controller, i attempted to open miller peshek’s “easy” chest for three hours without succeeding once. granted, my lockpicking level was at o. but after switching to a different, older controller, i was able to open the chest without much trouble. returning to the first controller, i am once again unable to open the chest.

so, is my new controller mildly defective? perhaps. but i have played several other games with that controller and i have not had the slightest problem in any other game.

i imagine that some of the people who are complaining about lockpicking being “impossible” at low levels are running into a similar issue.

before anyone else says it, yes, you can level up your lockpicking skill and then it doesn’t matter as much. but that is besides the point i am trying to make here.

2 Likes

XBox One: Patch 1.5

I see your point of a possibility that no two controllers would act exactly the same, and that some may be too sensitive to be able to successfully pick a lock.
On the Xbox controller I believe there is a setting to adjust your “Look” sensitivity and since that button is used to pick locks, I wonder if that may be an issue for some people?

1 Like

I’m sure you are onto something important here.

As a pc player I always have the option to change my mouse sensitivity. Can you guys do the same to the controller???