Low FPS (BETA)

Hi all so I just got the game. It really cool and fun. Before I got it I did several website tests and such to see if I met the recommended hardware. They all said I did but on low setting I am averaging 23 FPS. (Yes I know it is a beta but it seems very low).

Anyone have suggestions? If I canted fix it I am gonna ask for a refund and get it when my PC is better

Specs:
AMD FX 8350 4.3hz overclocked
GeForce GTX 770 Phi Edition 4gig overclocked
Sabertooth Motherboard
16gigs of Ram
Solid state drive (120gig)
Hard drive (1tb)
1200 watt power supply
Windows 10 Home 64bit

Have you checked your CPU usage? Are you pushing your systems limits with saves on your HD?

Put everything on low. LoD to the lowest. Vegetation to the lowest. Motion blur off. Draw distance a few points above zero. Don’t expect anything over 30-35 FPS, but you should be able to do better than 25 FPS.

If none of that solves it… AMD? There’s your problem.

1 Like

It’s not because of the AMD CPU. I have a similar rig. FX-8350 (OCd to 4.3Ghz), 8GBs RAM, RX 480 4GB.
I guess I’m lucky because on low settings I get double your framerate. I’ve found that I can max out the settings except the LOD, object, and vegetation - leave those where they are, and my framerate doesn’t drop that much. Have you tried installing the game on your SSD to see if your slow spindle drive is causing the issue?

Use this

I was anxious for running the game on my pc reading all these threads talking about extremely low fps.
So i when i came home like 2 hours ago i started kcd immediately to see if my pc could run it.
I directly put graphics at low and draw distance at 1, like you can read on all the topics.
I had 90 fps… wtf i’m not the guy who got the best pc i’m almost sure.
I got a i7-6700 and a rx480 8go (and only 8go ram) with window$ 10.
What do you think ? Why you got low fps and i don’t ?
I can run the game at max settings (except for the draw distance) and i have between 27 and 37 fps.

I’m running a GTX1070 with i7-7700 cpu and 16GB RAM and barely get 45fps. That’s at high setting. Not even highest! I don’t think they’ve optimized it yet. For reference, I can run The Witcher 3 at ultra settings (with minor tweaks to motion blur etc) and run between 50-60.

i73770k, 16gb ram, gtx 970 getting around 40 fps@high

I came here after a long break from the game to see if anything had improved. I have a 1080 Ti and i7 7700K and get about 45 FPS regardless of setting. Low, medium, high, it’s still 45. Really strange. I guess I’ll put it back on the shelf and wait to see if it gets optimized.