Mace Training

I’m learning to use the mace and practising with Bernard, but i’m taking damage from him with practice weapons. Haven’t had this issue with any sword types, haven’t tried any other weps yet, and i’m sure this isn’t due to a lack of bludgeoning resistance , even put more armour on and nothing, still dying :frowning:
Any one had anything like this? or just a bug?

Has to be a glitch. This game has a lot of them.

If you end up beating him in practice he will literally arrest you for assault.

Only practice weapon is the sword i thought.

because its a mace even if it is a training weapon :stuck_out_tongue: and a wooden mace on your head is not pleasent

1 Like

Haha! I considered that but also tried the axe and that’s not a problem. And you’d think of anything a big wooden bastard sword would hurt the most?

1 Like

No you can train with just about all weps as just practice

(I’m no expert) Maces are not heavier than swords as far as I know but the mass is distribuited in a different way making the sword easier to controll but less “powerfull” on the impact. But ye an axe should have similar effect of a mace.

never happened to me…

Looks like the weapon used during the mace training is a club (the same as the realweapon) while other training weapons are special wood versions that deal way less damage than “real” ones.
If this is really the case, they should just create a new weapon specially for the training (padded club or something like that to reduce damage)

Other option would be to use a mod to tweak the basic club wepaon damage to something really low (probably not using that wepaon anyway aside from first hour of the game)

1 Like

Agreed - it’s a little inconsistent. I did accept the logic that maces would be hard to train with - might as well just train with the real thing for the accelerated training rate.

That said, once your Defence/Warfare is high enough, even having a low mace skill is fine in general combat - just takes an extra few hits to finish them off, which gains skill faster.

are you sure that the real weapon training actually makes any difference?

I felt like it had no influence at all and tried it with fist fight training and have noticed no diffrence at all between training sessions real vs training in 5min rounds.