Mafia 3 Gameplay

What was wrong with Mafia 2?

Coming from someone who frequently plays GTA 5. :stuck_out_tongue:

Online has no story. themes are also different :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@McWonderBeast Crime stories are not yourā€¦ oh boy.
Have you played the Beta?

I think you responded to the wrong person comrade.

Well this game has mixed reviews on steam, canā€™t say Iā€™m surprised.

yeah, metacritic also isnĀ“t very fond about itā€¦ 3.2 user revies on PC version (you canĀ“t just lock your games at 30FPS on PC, when do they learn?), but even PS4 version is only about 6.5ā€¦

So much ā€œCONSOLEā€ is screaming from Mafia 3 that my ears are in painā€¦
Another wonderful franchise ruined by greedy publishers and ā€œsuit-them-allā€ development.

At least cops respond to your actions again, that way one of the best features in original Mafia which was largely missed in the second game. At least you canā€™t carry 1000 weapons in you like in Mafia 2, closer to original Mafia.
The first game is above all, second and third are even in my opinion, but Iā€™ll have to play a lot more Mafia 3to tell for sure.

I just saw Mazariniā€™s video. Definitive answer on this matter for meā€¦
Added below, but itā€™s only in Czech. Still you can see some ā€œawesomeā€ and ā€œbreathtakingā€ moments.

Still playing Crusader Kings, hmm? :smiley:

1 Like

yea, between delivering Imperial Salves around the galaxy and killing some newbs on Watchpoint Gibraltar I am still trying to grow my noble familly, though I dont really join Holy wars, the are kinda futile.

I wouldnĀ“t say the franchise was ā€œruinedā€. It could be a LOT better but also a lot worse.

Only ā€œMafia - The City of Lost Heavenā€ for me! :blush:
Never got one problem or bug with the retail 1.0 versionā€¦
Mafia 2: Oh hell, let me out! :smile:
Mafia 3: If ppl like it, i can also live without. :sunny:

I prefer mafia2

I prefer Mafia 1 :smiley: but 2 was still good game. Mafia 3 is terrible.

1 Like

Agreed, although i never played the first one i donā€™t understand the second game. Iā€™m extremely picky when it comes to games and i thought it was a very good game. Mafia three doesnā€™t even look like the same game, they seem to have completely thrown out realism and fine detail, for a more GTA shoot everything and it blows up approach.

never trust game developers who are in bed with sjws. they have no taste, lack insight into what makes a game good, and are just following whatever trends their cultural and corporate masters are enamored with.

they turned mafia series from a charming open world story driven experience about life as a mafia enforcer to a dime a dozen gta clone with ā€œdiversityā€ tm. same thing they did with battlefield 1.

No, the franchise is ruined. I canā€™t possibly imagine any worse that that. The third game is nowhere near the first and even second game. Thatā€™s just my 2 cents.