Mafia 3 Gameplay

Hi,
What do you think about this guys? My heart is bleeding :x :frowning:

3 Likes

It feels theyā€™ve strayed too far away from the original games. Iā€™d rather see a game based around a realistic regimented crew in the modern era or a real crew.

Iā€™m also confused on the story. An African American taking on the whole mob? Or is he joining a mob? I donā€™t like how theyā€™ve used the term ā€˜underbossā€™. Too achieve anything over the rank associate you had to be or direct Italian/Sicilian descent.

However, the driving mechanics look a lot better. In Mafia 2 it felt like you were floating. The shooting also looks incredible and the animations in general look a lot cleaner, smoother and fit in better with the characters. Iā€™ll still buy the game if the release reviews are good, but I most likely wonā€™t preorder it.

1 Like

Personally, I donĀ“t like it. Too ā€œamericanā€ for me. Mafia 1 remains still the best game IĀ“ve ever played.

1 Like

To me it looks very bad. Animations fall right into uncanny valley plus it seems that it will be more of a shooter than anything else. That special atmosphere & great characters Mafia games had? Gone. Obviously not fair to judge based on just 20 minutes, but I guess I wonā€™t play this one.

1 Like

You realise the other two were set in America right?

With american I mean that on the game is evident that is made by Americans and not by Czechs like 1 and 2. A lot of action, easy exploding cars. It is unrealistic. A LOT more unrealistic than Mafia 1 and even 2. Overall it look like Godfather 2 game.

3 Likes

RIP Mafiaā€¦

2 Likes

I hate it how most game donā€™t make proper difference between cover and concealment.

I loved Mafia 2 and when I heard there was going to be a Mafia 3 I was hoping itā€™d keep the same theme, etc.

So, in that regard, I am disappointed about Mafia 3.

But when I pretend this ISNā€™T a Mafia game, as if it had a different game title, and look at it through that lens, I think this game looks pretty fun and interesting.

I didnā€™t watch the whole video, only skipped ahead a few times and watched 1 minute chunks. I donā€™t like spoilers.

This looks like what happens when a developer owns a series, wants the name recognition, but also has no interest in making a game from that series.

Thatā€™s exactly what I think happened. Which is a shame. I really, really loved Mafia 2.

But, if you ignore the ā€œMafiaā€ title and just watch what the game has to offer, it DOES look interesting and that it could be fun. It looks like a huge game world with a lot to explore, fun vehicles to drive, and some engaging combat.

1 Like

Just heard that this game will be locked on 30 fps on pc. Shaping up to be a real game of the year.

Sources please!

Thatā€™s kinda shit if true.

Lame, Game looked crap anyway. Mafia was never my thing.

All well more console fuckery at work.

You ever played the second one? (Iā€™m excluding the first because ive never played it)

Just enough to get a feel of the mechanics. Crime stories arenā€™t really my cup of tea.

BLASPHEMY!!! BURN THEM, BURN THE NONBELIEVERS!!!

First one is THE Mafia, second one is a weak sequel. And whoever says otherwise I shall wage a Holy war upon!

You speak truth. And from what I see, Mafia 3 follows the same path as Mafia 2. Straight down, to hell of oblivion.

1 Like

Yeah coming from a Dan Varva fan boy this carries no weight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: