Map of the whole Beta

Marobudum is praha. @ 35-50

1 Like

then it has to be around here
hard to tell really, as the map proportions aren’t really accurate, but it is still amazing, how Ptolemaius managed to draw such an accurate map of the barbarian territory

Are you sure about that? Other sources are saying that Marobudum is Amberg in Bavaria.
I also would highly doubt that Marobudum is Prague, as albis flu is the Elbe river. And that doesn´t fit at all on the map. I think Prague is not shown on this map, but I am not sure.
Therefore I think we didn´t found the right location of the game area on the map yet.

I was not able to find out about the two rivers that flow into the Danube from the north. Kind of confusing.

1 Like

this is my rough estimate about the surroundings of Marobudum
but as I mentioned, the map isn’t accurate enough, so I am not completely sure about the descriptions
for example
morava and carpathian mountains are too far away from each other
the mountain ranges are not very correctly proportioned and are shifted a lot
same goes for the rivers
also its hard to find out which settlements were important back then, so most of today big cities aren’t on the map probably
all in all the map is proportioned very different and is hard to navigate

1 Like

Well the river Elbe seems to be quite clear there, to me (and as @DrFusselpulli it is marked on map). I can see the bend at Melnik where Vltava flows into Elbe, but Vltava is the bigger river. I think that the mountains above your mark are probably Sumava (Elbe/Vltava flows from there to North Sea). Prague is not on the map but it would be on the rive Elbe and the game area is just bit south-east from Prague.

2 Likes

According to recent studies Prague (probably as in the oppidum on a hill that is now called Závist) was likely referred to as “Casurgis”. Budorgis should refer to a place near Kolín, which is not far from KCD’s area.

I tried to mark some places in Bohemia as identified in a German study from 2011. They place Marobudum near Amberg in Bavaria, Germany. Remember that it is still speculative and opened to interpretation. :slight_smile:

Obviously the map was based probably on traveller reports so it’s by nature inaccurate. Plus the real original map from the second century was not found, so all copies are reproductions from the medieval era.

1 Like

lvl www.mapy.cz Kappa

1 Like

Left handlers don’t give a big shite.We were left out of the beta.
Having to wait till launch day to have access to custom keys is a joke.
I’m really peeessed about it.
Paid money to be a part of this project early on but have had no chance for input except for asking for configurable keys to test early on.

nah sorry, too lazy to stand up and turn the printer on