Map pics of kingdom come deliverance

Does anyone have a picture of the complete map of the final version game with or without the fog of war thank you

Yeaā€¦ the developers do

Weā€™ll get to see it and explore it next year :smile:

1 Like

Indeed, I have the map, but I canĀ“t show it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man I just hate waiting I just hope the nearly 7 month wait will tell us or show more of the game

I have seen it somewhere around this forum, but with fog of war.

The map was shown from an early in optimisation console ā€˜profilingā€™ run during one of the weekly torches. (Viktor PodhĆ”jeckĆ½)

You can easily make out the fields around each of the villages and towns, and the general location of these built up areas from the concentration of profiling test points. From comparison with a real map, the southern and eastern settlements can be easily identified, and also those to the West of Samopesh, although these (approximately) have been brought one meander upstream to reduce ā€˜dead spaceā€™ in the centre of the mapā€¦ But this has been known since the very first video about the map - way back in 2014.

Full map of the Beta, which, correct me if Iā€™m wrong, is like either 1/4th or 1/9th of the final map?

2 Likes

Maybe then you could show at least an approximate outline of the coverage on some other map? Just to get the impression.

At 23:20

And at 2:32 (map on the wall)

1 Like

Are you sure? There is no map on the wall (no even a wall) neither at 23:20 nor beyond.

23:20 is only part of the map, zoomed out as far as it could go (from memory a screenfull of the beta map was around 1/4 to 1/3 of the full map area, judging by the number of layers needed to make a merged map).

The map is clearly on the wall at 02:32, but isnā€™t any clearer than the versions we have seen before in other Warhorse videos.

Map at 2:32 shows 5 locations of which beta is one in the middle. Written map shown here has 1/4 filled. I do not recall where are all informations about map here on forum, but I saw that map they are creating off in real world is very similar to that in the video. Developers say still 16 square kilometres. So we can probably expect area Beta 3 times bigger at least as it was 6 square kilometres. Tobias also mentions it at 23:30.

I remember exactly that Daniel Vavra once answered question how big is their map, he said they tested walking from one to another corner but can not remember how many minutes he said. He also mentioned that walking has different pace and can not be used as proper measurement comparison between different games.

Someone on youtube measured Gothic 3 map, it is big in my opinion. It took him 1:17 to get across it walking. Another walked across Skyrim for 2:10 hours (I never finished Skyrim because it is so big). To make a prediction I would say Kingdom Come Deliverance will be something between these two titles.

Skyrim isnā€™t all that big - it is made artificially big by potatofying the landscape, making any journey impossible with a direct path. It also has fake coordinates so that it is ā€˜37km^2ā€™ in the ingame units, but these do not translate into real dimensions that match the visible vertical scale of objects - when this is taken into account, and measurements checked against other metrics (travel time, door height etc) the size is effectively only around 5x3km.

I think the area inside the fence in the beta was less than 300 ha (3 sq km) based on scaling from the map extent and an approximate trace of the boundary. This based on scaling estimates of the map screen shots that give approximately the real world distance Talmberk > Samopesh. There was around the same amount of filled in terrain outside the border, but over half of the map was blank and not detailed at all on the ground.

A map of similar size would be the Witcher 3 Velen/Novigrad map, but the scale of individual features more closely matches the White Orchard map with fewer larger settlements with realistic agricultural support around each, rather than the rather cramped Velen map with too many settlements and hardly any tilled land compared to the population sizes in most cases.

Okay, got it, thanks.

Ask some guys from PC magazinesā€¦ i guess they have an complete map^^
But hey, no one will get until releaseā€¦ and it is not important how much you spend XD
and iā€™ve asked for a map of rataje for donation butā€¦ nope :smile:

No, only we have the complete map. It doesnĀ“t leave the office. People can see the map (the design map, not the ingame map), even take pictures if the map isnĀ“t in focus, but you canĀ“t take a copy of the map out of the officeā€¦ well it was printed somewhere else but then got to the office.
The ingame map is even more strikt, only warhorse people have seen it so far in itĀ“s complete beauty.

Maybe you can make a rough outline on Google map so that we could at least check out the coverage?

I prefer mapy.cz :slight_smile:
Few villages and ā€œcitiesā€ in KC:D

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t work quite like that, as the areas in the NW and SE have been brought together by eliminating some of the central region (mostly to the NW of the line Vranik-Samopesh-Merhojed-Talmberk and their local demense).

Rataje is near the lower edge of the map region, and around a quarter of the way from the SE corner. Stribna Skalitz is at a similar distance from the NE corner (but only half the distance from Rataje that is is IRL). Map size is a little over 4km on a side, which is comparable to Velen/Novigrad from W3.