Market slot for RPGs 2017

@Pedrofive Don’t feed the trolls they just come back!

1 Like

Thats okay, this is just @SirWarriant :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No I don’t know how you got the idea that I was talking about a telltale game… I meant that the games is niche because it incorporates game systems that we either haven’t seen elsewhere yet (like the combat system, in this style). And systems that aren’t used that often in combination with a story heavy rpg. (like eating and sleeping)

Both of those points are nowhere near or in any of the telltale games.

I think I misunderstood your previous comment. Sorry. I thought you were regreting the combat, eating and sleeping system.

Hehe no problem, I really like the combat system and cant wait to try more combo’s and see what can be done with different weapons and on higher levels.

I never was a fan of the eating and sleeping type mechanics. But in KCD the eating doesnt feel too obstrucive. (In the beta atleast)
The sleeping system isn’t too bad because npc’s also sleep, which doesnt make it that much of a problem for me.

With this whole arguement of RPG people say rpg because its faster than saying open world rpg.
So yes, technically any game made that is single player and you play a character is role playing.
Red Dead Redemption is an open world rpg… So how could it not be an rpg???

Because that simply isn’t how people use the word “RPG” when describing the genre. Our language contains homophones, this is one of them.

I agree. I don’t feel like FIFA is an RPG because I can buy perks and upgrade skills. :smile:
I think we should create another word for Open World Crafting Exploring Quest-Completing (:sweat_smile:?) Role Playing Games, like VLRPG’s (Virtually Living Role Playing games) :smile:

PD: You are talking about polysemy, not homophony.

Oops, I didn’t know there was a better word for it.

I don’t think we need a new word, those things can fall under separate genres.

None of the two mentioned games are remotely realistic.

1 Like

Maybe you should read the posts after that one.

Hahaha Thomas you should know better by now then to take the bait!

1 Like