Masterstrokes with maces

Master strokes won’t activate with Maces even during the training for master strokes. No matter how soon I counter, it just won’t activate. Is this a bug? Anyone else experience this?

1 Like

It worked for me today. You first have to beat Major Bernard down before he shjows you how to

I did beat him down though. He even started to train me where he strikes slowly. It activates easily with a sword but not the mace :confused:

I noticed that i just had to press Q for block to Masterstrike

Yeah you press q at the right time for it.but somehow it won’t activate for Maces. Maybe it’s a bug from the new update.

Yes I am having the same problem, no matter when I clicked Q no master stroke could be executed, either the timing window is as short as 0.1-0.4 second or it’s simply impossible… couldn’t do shite in the sodding tutorial, couldn’t quit, couldn’t even die (as in automatically quitting after reaching a certain threshold of low health)…

1 Like

The window for longswords is absolutely fine, but for Maces and other weapons, it’s damn near disabled. I’ve tried to do it as close as possible but it just won’t work

I have the same problem. I am able to train masterstroke for swords with bernard, and my character does the move each time properly. But when I tried to do the same for axes and maces, I just kept getting a perfect parry. It is really irritating because it means you have to keep trying and failing at something that is obviously bugged for almost five minutes until Bernard just gives up and walks away without a word. This bug basically forces you to use longswords and nothing else, which sucks since I took a bunch of combos for shortswords, and was using an axe and mace as well, hoping to be able to do the move with those. This would not be such a problem if the enemy does not repeatedly use the move on you at this point in the game.

As far as I have seen, it works properly with a longsword, but not with any other weapon. I have not tried a combination of longsword and shield.

1 Like

It won’t work with a shield and a short sword either I’ve tried :confused: just gotta wait for the next update and hope it fixes it.

Just making sure, is your Skill with Maces or Axes lower than your skill with Sword? Because Defence and the specific weapon skills increase the window in which you get a Master Strike. Also, be sure to do each individual Master Stroke Training with Bernard, if you haven’t already.

I noticed the same thing happening then realized my sword skill was 8 while my mace and axe skills were 2, and then it made sense.

Nah my mace skill is at 10 and I’ve tried the master strike training with Bernard. It doesn’t even activate during the training and I have to wait 5 minutes for it to end :joy:. I think it’s a common bug, a lot of people have experienced it after the new update. The WH team have confirmed it as well

… and 1.34 still hasn’t fixed any of these master strikes bollocks.

I think it’s gonna come with 1.4. Even the fog on the map bug will get solved with it hopefully

would be nice to get it working again

Wait is this bug not universal? Are some people not experiencing this problem? I have an axe skill of 11 and had a sword skill of 10, yet could riposte almost everytime I tried with a longsword, but never manage to do it with an axe, either during the numerous slow motion swings by Bernard or after putting up with that for five minutes and then trying it out against bandits. Sometimes my character reacts as if he is about to hit the enemy with the pommel of his axe (or where the pommel would be on a sword), but does nothing. I think this might just be him switching to a block in that direction due to the enemy’s attack though, I am not sure.

Yesterday i noticed that i can only Riposte, when i don`t use a shield or torch. Just the weapon

I wasn’t experiencing it immediately after the patch as I continued on with my previous game, but after I reset to an earlier period to try going for an agility-based character I can’t get a single riposte in with shortsword and shield. I had zero trouble doing this before, even at lower levels than I am now.

Same issue: no master strike other than long sword (mace/axe/short sword won’t work)
like many other bugs brought by 1.3 (same as random events), this is only affecting you if you have a new playline (or continue an old playline that is still early in the story). This is not affecting anyone using an old playline that is further in the story. (at least from what I can see/test)

I’m late, I know. But if it still doesn’t work. I made instructions on how to fix it.
Instructions:
1.Install the mod from nexusmods.
2. After that, add these perks using the following lines:
cheat_add_perk id:099599c2-6118-4a60-b944-74efb72facd2 (riposte perk with shield)
cheat_add_perk id:4ce9d281-afa1-4183-a0e8-1266e996a79d (riposte with shortsword)
cheat_add_perk id:981cde0c-ffff-4cc7-9d99-183ac1a2f271 (riposte with axe)
cheat_add_perk id:56022fd9-5703-4663-9c14-2859ac21b647 (riposte with mace)
If longsword doesn’t work aswell, then here’s the perk: cheat_add_perk id:a1a9bac2-6973-4f5d-9ee2-9afe9654eb5c
Now it works!

3 Likes

Thanks @Racek. It doesn’t solve the issue, but at least it gives us back the perks until a new patch arrives.