Medieval toilets

It’s only the beginning… :smirk:

1 Like
1 Like

For real: how did people in 1403 Bohemia whip their asses?

2 Likes

I once tried to find something about the topic, and almost without success. But in the end I know something

• It was discovered the some french king used sheep wool. But he was king; wool used to be quite expensive. Wool was also known to be used by women in historical variants of contemporary menstrual pads. It might be also used for small children.
  • In some remnants of latrinas (maybe viking? don’t remember it well), a use of some mosses or lichen was found.
  • But most common material was probably straw.
3 Likes

The food needs also a farting factor. :joy:

1 Like

I don’t think, that mankind is ready for such immersion. :joy::joy::joy:

-Fu-u-u, Henry, what the hell is that?
-Excuse me, Sir. I just ate milk + ale + tons of apples to regen. health.

6 Likes

Didn’t the Romans used a wet brush or a sponge on a stick?
Maybe a disgusting buket with a even more disgusting brush or sponge would have done the job in most homes.

1 Like

Don’t forget all the tons of beans, lentils, and peas. :wink:

R.I.P Bohemia. It’s gonna be ecological disaster. :smirk:

2 Likes

Maybe this english saying “a apple a day keeps the doctor away” has a hidden message. :joy:

Never heard this phrase. But, yeah, maybe this’s the hidden message in it. :joy:

There is also a saying about Martin Luther. It seems he hasn’t said it but it fits into his era.

»Ihr rülpset und furzet nicht, hat es euch nicht geschmecket?«

I try to translate:
“You aren’t burping and farting, so didn’t it taste?”

Whip? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I believe that honor went to their Masters or Dominatrixes … But yeah, I know you meant wipe, but I just couldn’t resist. :grin:

1 Like

I am not sure if people actually used them. I know nobles shit behind the curtain even after Louis the 16th of France. Might not be in more pleasant countries but I high doubt peasants used more as a hole in the ground.

Well, peasants likely just shat unto the manure pile on the farm, where every other one of gds creatures excrement went.

Maybe at night you dumped it in a chamber pot, and threw it out netx morning.

I villages and towns, there often were trash holes to dump everything, every sort of waste, and some latrines, the lovel little holes with a few boards on top, resembling a tiny house.
But in cities, much was just thrown into the gutter and the sides of the street, and occasionally some poor sod shoveled it away…

1 Like

The Best Shit
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/12636/410cf6f95ba1565d.jpg
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/uploads/default/original/2X/0/038477a05b444b9f6b143ebe2e6e246525b7946c.jpg

1 Like

83dd1c0c560b14d4b550d43e30623a7fd567f7ee1cbda615822def2bf5713194

yp74gv

As far as I know, there is even one quest dealing with this shitty topic… :smiley:

1 Like

R.I.P. honor & glory. I will never look at KC:D the same way.

1 Like