Merhojed Plague - when does it start (Timer)

When does this timed “quest” start… i killed runt and stopped before accepting the mainquest (Questions and Answers) and went on exploring the map and started to rebuild Pribyslawitz. After 50 hours i accidentaly stumbled through merhojed, seeing burning houses (more outside) and burned bodies… Is this happening directly after Baptism of Fire or because i didn’t continue to play the mainstory.

Is this happening directly after Baptism of Fire or because i didn’t continue to play the mainstory.

Directly after you kill Runt, Merhojed is destroyed. According to Sir Radzig, during your attack on Prizyslavitz,
‘bandits,’ most likely soldiers under Sir Istvan Toth (who appears in the cutscene after you killed Runt) attacked Merhojed since Sir Radzig pulled all soldiers from the Merhojed encampment and, depending on your choice, a few, some, or all men from Talmberg Castle as well under Sir Divish. This means that during the battle, there were no soldiers to protect Merhojed, which I believe is under Sir Radzig’s domain (if anyone wants to correct me on the last part, I’d be happy to learn more)

TL;DR: Merhojed is a plot point. It gets destroyed regardless.

Thanks. I figured as much - googled for a save right after Runt being killed - looked the same.