Micro stutter mostly in forest

Hello guys,

Since the game came out, i cannot play it. I have a big problem: in all specs, even low, i get a violent stuttering in forest. And it cames every second.

I found that my fps are less well in forest, but in cities i got no problem.

I tried all solutions, all commands in user.cfg, to reduce CPU usage by 2%, try all type of vsync, …

When i block my fps to 30 with the 30hz vsync, i saw that the stuttering problem goes. But i don’t want to play it with 30fps. I paid my game 2 years ago, and now, i want to play it.

My spec:
I5 4430 3.0Ghz
RX 480 8Gb
8Go
Windows 10

Thantks for helping, and i repeat, the problem appears when i’m in forest and get less FPS. I think the stuttering is here because of texture or polygon loading. But i want to play my game, specially when i have the minimum required system.

Have a godd day.

Check if your GPU is properly seated in PCex16 slot and if it runs at 16x. What is your MoBo?

Hi Enapoete,

I think your main problem is that you just have 8 GB RAM. With KC:D running, it goes well over 8 GB on my system, sometimes even over 10 GB.
You got a SSD? If not, you should think about getting one.
But you can try to put this in your user.cfg inside the KC:D main folder:

sys_budget_videomem = 8192
sys_budget_sysmem = 8192
sys_PakStreamCache = 1
sys_preload = 1
e_PreloadMaterials = 1
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 8128
r_TexturesStreamingResidencyTime = 360*
If you have a SSD, you can put this line too:
r_TexturesStreamingMaxRequestedMB = 450**

*This value determines your SSD reading speed, you can elavuate it with eg CrystalDiskMark.
This helps alot on my hardware (4790K, 980Ti, 16GB RAM, 850 EVO)

If that all doesn’t help, you could still try a framelimiter and set it to 45 FPS.
It’s way better than just 30 FPS, but should help, too.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, i’ll try your ideas in the week end, i have examniation today. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome. Good luck with your examination then :slight_smile:

Frankly…your CPU will not run this warhorse any faster. Looking at benchmarks it is even slightly worse then min recomended I5-2500K. 4core/4thread chipsets are just obsolete for this game. Speaking with my experience,having simmilar range AMD CPU. Switching to 6core/12thread Ryzen 1600 did wonders for my gameplay.
You have 2 possibilities

1. Upgrade your CPU - problem solved 99.9%
  2. Wait for devs to somehow optimise the game - I would not count on that

You’re right with everything you said, eh typed, Brano, but with custom texture streaming settings (as posted above) I get way less CPU loading, because everything is already loaded into the (V)RAM, I assume.
Without it, it seems like the world has to be re-drawn like every 10 meters, thus causing high CPU usage.
It’d be very interesting (at least for me) how your sys would react with custom settings (looking at your 12 threads) :slight_smile:

I just upgraded my gaming PC few days ago. And Im absolutely content how the game runs. Previously,I also tried many user.cfg variants to squeeze last drop out of my old CPU,but it usually led to CTD sooner or later. With ryzen I have no need for such workarounds. Game runs with almost triple fps in Rattay (in my case it means going from 15-20 to 50-60fps) and the countryside loads and runs smoothy. Even big battles are now a piece of cake for my rig.
8GB RAM should be enough,according my system report game eats around 5GB.
My specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
MoBo: Asus ROG Strix B350-F
RAM: DDR4 8GB 2400MHz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 4GB VRAM
SSD Kingston UV400 480GB
I updated CPU,RAM and MoBo. The rest is from old rig. Cost me ~350€

8gb RAM = Massive page filing

That’s your problem right there. You need more RAM then the game runs like butter… simple

All this talk of user.cfg files and magic fix statements makes me laugh… upgrade your memory and your page filing won’t be as large hence less chance of stuttering at higher frame rates… Rocket Science to some it seems :wink:

8GB is simply not enough for high fps