Miracles While You Wait quest problem - no body in church

I am stuck with this quest because I have a task marked in the log as (optional) to bring Loukota’s burial shroud to the charlatan in Sasau. Unfortunately the body is no longer in the church (it was but I decided to come back later, apparently too late). So I thought he might have been buried and tried to look for him in the nearby cementary but no grave is available for digging even though I have a shovel with me (the only two I found I had digged up before this quest started). I tried to close the quest by going to charlatan and telling him but there is no dialogue option about the shroud.
Anyone could help me to understand where to look for Loukota’s shroud ? OR how to close this quest even failing to bring the shroud ? It seems strange as the task is marked as “optional” so not necessary to finish the quest but unfortunately I do not know to proceed.

Thank you :slight_smile:
P.S.
If this is one of the time-limited quests, I belive there should be more evident alert for the player to hurry up ; it’s the second time I am failing because of neglecting the time factor. Frist it was when I came too late with help for the Skalitz refugees in the monastery. Otherwise the game is amazing, with 111 hours on steam, not even touched “Keeping the peace” main quest :slight_smile: Which means that I have fabuloous fun with it and I am very disturbed failing or omitting things.

I can’t much help you in your problem as I do not know of this quest, however this tidbit you wrote:

If this is one of the time-limited quests, I belive there should be more evident alert for the player to hurry up ; it’s the second time I am failing because of neglecting the time factor.

The whole game is time-factored. The game does not wait for you at all ever, so if you have a quest it should be done immediately or else you’ll run into your said problem. There are the rare quests that won’t progress without you, such as the Prizbysalvitz attack, but otherwise the game does not wait, just as real life.

1 Like

SPOILERS - UPDATE - For people that might have the similar problem in the future.
I finally Did it. I took the shroud from the body buried in the nearby Cementary. I do not know why I could not find the shroud before because the grave had already been dug up at the time of my creating this post. I suppose I could not take this shroud because I expected the action marker to appear when I was standing over the open grave and I must have forgotten that is’s necessary to Crouch befor the action marker appears. So if you ever miss the opportunity to steal the shroud from the body in church you can always open up the grave after . Happy to have finished this quest.

1 Like