[MOD] Better Combat and Immersion Compilation

Just here to inform anyone interested in the compilation that it is still fully compatible with the current game version (1.9.3).

3 Likes

A little while ago I made all the tables mod-specific with the new framework we got in 1.9.3 - but unfortunately it’s not working quite as intended since many of my rows are ignored (read as “equal” to the base game’s values even though they are changed). This means I can’t upload a new and more ‘inter-mod compatible’ version yet, until I find some solution (or the game’s reading of individual rows is improved somehow).

It’s worth pointing out though that the current version of BCAIC is fully compatible with 1.9.4.

There’s a new update available with even more combat balancing work, as well as other tweaks.

I’ve also released a new optional file that equips polearms in the shield slot; this means you can have them equipped along with your sidearm, as well as store and sell them. Note that you have to unequip a drawn polearm through the inventory, also when you want to use your sidearm. NPCs with polearms will now always use them in combat, though they will only have their sidearms visible out of combat.

I published a video where I fight in the Rattay Toruney using the mod compilation (as well as Blood Mod and No Mo’ Slow Mo):

1 Like

And one playing as a low level character, for the challenge:

12-02-20 update: All modded tables (e.g. rpg_param.xml) are now mod-specific to enhance compatibility with other mods!

This was made possible with the 1.9.5 update that fixed this new feature. Thank you, devs! Finally we can get compatibility between mods that use the same tables.

Major update with new parts! See the Nexus changelog for details.

2 Likes

So, there’s been some great activity in the modding community lately. machinegod42 has released some amazing new mods, including a “Knight Follower Mod”, a “Cuman War Quest Mod”, and a great overhaul of polearm combat and balance. I highly recommend checking out his work on the Nexus:

You can follow the progress and modding discussion in the KC:D Discord modding section.

As for BCAIC, the combat has seen a major change in the latest update:

• Master strikes have been completely revamped: You now have to mirror the zone to perform it (though normal stabs can only be master struck from top right and top left, and high stabs only from overhead zone). The MS window for the player has consequently been widened, so it’s quite easy to perform it when mirrored upon weaker opponents. Skilled opponents will also MS you frequently if you strike into the mirror zone (or equivalent for stabs). This means that if you get master struck, it’s entirely your own fault rather than some random chance. Thanks a ton to machinegod420 for showing how this could be done!
2 Likes

Here’s a new tutorial video, explaining most of the game’s combat mechanics, and showing how BCAIC changed them.

2 Likes

Update released with new parts and additions:

Version 1.6.0 (06-11-20)

Better Combat : More Realistic Perks ; Regeneration ; Digestion ; Carry Weight ; Selling Prices ; Dirt Application

• Skill level effect on damage has been lowered even further, and max damage in Normal mode has been lowered to the same as Hardcore mode - to avoid too over the top damage output when perks and skill level etc. stack up.

Less Effective Pots : Less Alcohol Nourishment : Less Animal Meat

• Animals now drop significantly less meat. Where before a hare would drop up to about 30 pieces of meat, they now drop around 3-4; the same goes for all other meat drops from animals, with a similar 7-8 times less.

Realistic Groschen Weight

• Groschen now have a weight to them, so you can’t carry tens of thousands around without effort. The groschen of this time weighed about 3.6 grams. We can assume that one unit of weight in-game is about 1/3 of a kilo (that seems reasonable when considering the average weight of objects in-game; and the old Roman pound, i.e. “libra” which translates to “scales” which is incidentally the symbol used for the in-game weight unit, had about this ratio to kilo). This would mean that 3.6 grams (0.0036kg) is 0.0108 in-game units, which means e.g. 1000 groschen weigh 10.8 units (3.6kg).

Unlevelled Random Encounters : More Cumans Fewer Peasants

• NPCs generated in ambush encounters will no longer be scaled to the player’s warfare level, now set at the same mid-tier skill and equipment no matter the player’s level; avoiding having to constantly fight bandits equipped as knights throughout the forests of backwater Bohemia when you’re high level - and also increasing early game difficulty.
  • NPCs generated in skirmish encounters will no longer be over the top in some areas of the map (such as in Skalitz and between Talmberg and Pribyslavitz) now being weighted more towards mid-tier skill and equipment.
  • The generated NPCs in both ambush and skirmish encounters will be much more randomly picked, so even though they’re generally weighted towards mid-tier skill and equipment, there’s a good chance you’ll see both low and high tier enemies among them.
  • There’s now a significantly higher chance that you’ll be ambushed by Cumans rather than peasants (normal bandit chance remains the same). Cumans will generally favour assaulting rather than halting the player - and also slightly more likely to be in a group rather than solo. Peasants, on the other hand (except drunkards) will be more likely to halt (and try to extort) the player rather than directly assault.