Mod Tool Capabilities

Another update – I found out how to create a new custom level, export it, and then have the player spawn in it when a new game is started. I will include this in the level design tutorial that I’m creating. Telling you, the possibilities are endless with these mod tools!

6 Likes

Good! It’s time for something new, Skyrim is too old and its modding capabilities are now saturated.

1 Like

Strugling with this right now. How much did you have to increase your virtual memory? I am trying to go with system managing but it doesn’t look very promising, first time editor crashed(no managing) and now I am praying for my computer :smiley:
I have 16GB of ram

@BlickMang
Thanks for description, I tried it with the commandline
Editor.exe -useHDDForILAO -useILAOFolder AOData_builder -unattended +r_BreakOnError 0 -noSourceControl -exportTexture -layerExportProfile Game -export Data\Levels\rataje\rataje.cry
(is it that what you used?)
and a new level.pak was generated. But the changes did not appear when I started the real game. (I made some simple elevation with the terrain tool at the free place in rattay mill)

1 Like

You can’t change the terrain or navmesh in the Rataje level(devs told me this)

You need to create spawn point to avoid falling through terrain. That’s how it is done in Cryengine when you create new project.

@BlickMang
Do you have information what can be changed in Rataje level?

Objects and object placement, NPCs, etc. Pretty much anything that isn’t terrain or navmesh from my understanding.

necro

Have there been changes to level exporting? I was messing around with the terrain and vegetation tool in rataje and it showed up without any problems, collision was working, too.

For reference:
Ryzen 2600x, 16GB RAM 3200MHz, Game on SSD, Pagefile on HDD
Exporting took about 1hr 20min with the command on the wiki, no errors
used memory was ~60GB

Sounds interesting. Did you export with the commandline from the tutorial?
Editor.exe -useHDDForILAO -useILAOFolder AOData_builder -unattended +r_BreakOnError 0 -noSourceControl -exportTexture -layerExportProfile Game -export Data\Levels\rataje\rataje.cry

Maybe you can describe a little bit what you did to get it working?