Modding possibilities for KC:D?

So I am interested to make a topic mostly for experienced modders to speculate and share your thoughts what is going to be possible to achieve with mods. I love modding and so I want to have a better idea of how it works?..

So the new cry-engine is avalible with source code for free now. We saw that WH paints the world with some custom made tool-boxes. Is it possible to share it with modding community? I have heard about new CryEngine marketplace, Does it make sence for WH to share (and sell) assets to other CryEmgine users? Any chance of AI scripting tool, character creator to be avalible for easy content creating?

So what is possible, what not, and why? What needs to be provided from WH side for convenient modding?

1 Like

I is to early to talk about this yet. Modding will be important. But we don´t know about details yet.

2 Likes

Will modding be supported right from the start or will it be implemented later as you go?

Later, not at the release

Can any rough guidelines be given on 3d assets? While waiting for support, more specifics on asset creation would be a great help to my team.

• Polycount for armor and clothing (e.g. a mail hauberk)
  • Texture size
  • Textel density
  • Avatar/skeleton shape (for Marvelous Designer)

We’ve pieced most of the information together looking at screenshots and development videos, but confirming the points above would go a long way helping us until full support is offered.

2 Likes