Modding tools. When?

If you had taken a peek at the DLC chart that has been repeatedly shown modding tools are not scheduled to be released for pc until late 2019. As the last release.

Late 2019? Wow, thatā€™s a long time to goā€¦
I just joined the community and bought the game yesterday so i dndnā€™t know about that.
Well is the workaround (aka modding through cryengine) a solid way of modding or do you believe itā€™s better to wait for the modding tools to release?

if you can keep up with changes made by frequent patches give it a try. There are a lot of orphaned mods on nexus that people like but have not been updated in months and now cause BIG problems. thatā€™s where you could do a solid for the users. You could look at them and make your own work arounds for them. example: cheat mod: use own all stolen items causes CTD. but the rest still works. The ashes DLC DOES NOT like mods and the mods will screw up the DLC

1 Like

I donā€™t see why not. My current PC almost canā€™t run the game itself unfortunately, so iā€™ll be buying a new one when the next paycheck rolls around. I could give it a go when the new PC is finished, iā€™ll be sure to post updates!

1 Like

be sure the CPU you get has at least 8-12 threading and the best board for that CPU. and uses ddr4 and the latest PCI-E gen3 or better slot.
This game uses streaming build on the go so taxes the cpu more than you are use to.
Also you can thank the digital coin miners for the current price of Nvidia 1080 or equivalent GPU or any decent gamming GPU for the skyrocketed prices.
edit: corrections

1 Like

I operate at 5-30 fps depending on where I am and at mostly medium settings. I know of what your saying.

Do you mean how many cores the CPU has? The current one iā€™m looking at has 6, but i have money to upgrade. the GPU is a nvidia 1060, felt that the others as you said where wayy overpriced. Iā€™ll be sure to get ddr4 ram.

1 Like

and what is PCI gen3? Is that something seperate i have to buy or is it included in the latest motherboards?
edit: The Motherboard iā€™m currently thinking of buying has PCI-E 3.0, does that work aswell?

Sry , PCI-E is what I meant. It is the slot the GPU goes in and is the data highway between the CPU and GPU and great if it the one closest to the cpu. The MOBO has to be able to use DDR4 if used, a DDR3 using board canā€™t.
Threading is the number of channels the CPU has for the inflow and out flow of data to and from the CPU to handle. Think like the difference of traffic handled between a 4 lane road and 12 lane highway with same amount of cars as the on the 12 lane but crammed onto the 4 lane. Which would handled the traffic better?
As to cores; 6 is ok if it has good threading and good mobo, and 8 cores with 12 threading IMHO is better to handle the load. Especially if you are the player that insists on very high to ultra settings or 90 FPS.
High quality fast memory couldnā€™t hurt in at least 2x 4 gig sticks but Iā€™d go 2x 8gig sticks ( 2 sticks because it is more paths for memory to flow) and 8 gig on the Vram.

Radion or NVidia is up to you for a GPU. I warned about pricing. Mebbe a 1070 or equal instead. Lucky if you can get a used one from an upgrader or tech shop that upgraded a customers and wiling to sell.

1 Like