Modding tools. When?

When we should expect any modding tools? Any info?

1 Like

No official statement on a release. If anything it’s not even certain.
They said that the ball is in Crytek’s court, licensing and all that jazz.

1 Like

How, they don’t even have a license for that? Well seems the game will be completed twice before any tools become available. Too bad :frowning_face:

1 Like

Don’t rely on them to release the tools, it seems highly unlikely that they will do so soon as they are “negotiating” with CryEngine guys so I’d rather recommend to start digging yourself trough the files and seeing if you can find workarounds.

2 Likes

Just download the CryEngine SDK, it’s basically the exact same thing as “modding tools” and is what the developers used to create the game. All we need are sample/source files to compile and generate game data, as much of it is in a compiled, game-ready format.

Warhorse said they used an in-house tool for facial animations, so we can probably expect small stuff like this further down the road. I’m not holding my breath on Crytek allowing their SDK to be used independently.

2 Likes

Yes…we need to change the “textures”, really !! :-/ :frowning:

1 Like

Blick should we set up a discord server for modders where we can work on compiling the documentation, sample/source files etc. I could build a wiki website given enough time for the documentation to be posted to, makes it easier to get around the “Modding request” type posts.

1 Like

At the moment has bug fixing the major priority!
Check also first:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/?BH=0

2 Likes

Feel free to join the Seven Kingdoms Discord server here: https://discord.gg/ctfkV3B

I’ll create a separate modding channel.

1 Like

Hey Blacksmith, how are the tools coming along? Swear across my gaming rig we wont tell anyone :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hopefully the mod tools wont be as disappointing as the witcher 3 “modkit”, KC:D would be an amazing foundation for mod makers.

2 Likes

Hey, why don’t you guys release the required files to load the game inside the CryEngine SDK/editor?
There is no need for any custom tools, they are readily available and we just need a way of using it with KCD.

The modding community is already hitting the limits of what can be done without any tools.

If we don’t gain access to them in the near future, the mod community will be dead.

2 Likes

Having the tools available would allow moders to clean up the condition of the game a lot of faster.

We can’t expect anything extravagant for a long time but having the tools would help.

The scaling of Henry and the fact the AI has no way to deal with the scaling is game and immersion breaking. Henry turns into superman. Even though strides are being made at Nexus and certain discoveries have been made to help balance the game, it’s going to take WAY longer with out some sort of tools.

2 Likes

As far as I know the ball is still at crytek… I wonder when there will be an update from WH about the state of things :confused:

1 Like

Very discouraging. I had hoped that this game was going to be a true Bethesda competitor. I was really excited to develop and test mods on this beautiful map. I will be sure to avoid any paid DLC until tools are out and reviewed. For that matter, I will be sure not to buy another game that promises descent mod support until there is real evidence of it actually happening.

1 Like

They are currently working on it (“mod support“)

Next patch…in a week i guess ?

Well the patch is released. No sign of modding tools

Signed up but it seems that one cannot engage in posts there and comment or anything… This is my first time on Discord, so I have no idea what I’m doing, however, I am a 3d artist, modeler, and animator that really wanted to get involved in this game as it has such amazing capabilities but little to offer in mod support. I have figured out how to add in custom items and models but am learning CryEngine now to learn how to place them in the world (like a coordinate spawn location during initial load phase) and not simply using a console command to force spawn them. I figure that I could create .exe type mods that correctly install themselves simply enough, but having a lot of trouble finding any starting spots, and have had to more or less invent my own methods off the cuff… I have done some contributions on Nexus helping people with instructions on how to mod existing assets but I want to install new assets. I just believe that this game has such excellent potential for expansion…

1 Like

Has anyone got an update on the modding tool situation? Still dead silent from the developers?
I’m really excited to start working on mods for this game, but it seems like such a hastle to download cryengine and figure out everything that way. This will disencourage a lot of modders, i think, and this game will have a much shorter lifespan than for example skyrim and other games, that has modding tools implimented.
KC:D has sooo much potential, really hope the developers decide to release the tools… :slight_smile: