Modding Weather

Hiya, folks!

I’m trying to modify KC:D’s weather system, as it’s a bit too rainy for my likeness and beside that, the rain feels kinda… strange. Short: The weahter system gotta be changed!

Anyway, even though I found a lot of weather information within KC:D’s binaries, I was not yet able to manipulate the weather at all. Currently I’m still trying to start and/or stop raining, but no attempt actually did change the weather. Either the dev team once planned a nice weather system but withdraw that one and came up with something else (but kept the old system in place, just to engade me), or I simply haven’t yet found a place to modify the weather behavior.

I’m wondering if someone else tried to modify this weather system and was a bit more lucky than me. I would be pretty grateful to know how to force rain to start and/or stop (at least for debugging reasons), either by using console commands, or by file modification. (No, I’m not looking for r_rain = 0. :stuck_out_tongue: )

Any advice /help/hint is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Nicoh

In the cheat mod that gives you access to console commands there is a console command to change the weather to 4 different weather types.
Perhaps if you dissected the commands you might see how they work?

Hope you can pull it off. Some real nice thunderstorm effects with lightning would be awesome. I already think rain looks pretty good as it is.