Mods don't work on 1.4.3? I have figured it out!

BEFORE YOU READ ON!
It is said that there is a better way to do the same thing.

Yesterday my game updated to 1.4.3 and it turns out that none of my mods work anymore! Does anyone else have this issue?

If you do, then try this.

In your game’s data folder (\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Data) there is a new file pak.cfg

Open this file with Notepad and insert the names of your mods into it at the end. Like this:

data\zzz_fuxsart_no_fog_of_war.pak
data\zzz_no_arrow_trail.pak
etc.

Order matters. If one of your mods still doesn’t work, try to change the order of your mods in the list of the file. I had to move the “combat slow motion” mod to the beginning of my mods list to make it work.

5 Likes

Very unintrusive reticle now works. Thanks!

Many thanks for the hint! Didn’t know this pak.cfg …

This topic should be pinned…

So what is the proper name of the saving mod? Thank you in advance

Thanks a lot…I read this at nexus already but i didnt work for me…just placed the mod not at the button as mentioned @ nexus…thx for advice

Congratulations! You have found a way to use out of date mods to ruin your game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And later the peoples come make new Threads and screams: BUG! BUG!

Some older Modes that don’t touche the game files mutch can work if you make them like mod for 1.3.1 Filestucture:
“…\KC:D root\Mods\NameOfTheMod\Data\OldModPakFile” other Methods like yours are realy stupid.

I would not say stupid. If you want everything on one place it is good and comfortable way.
A Lot better to work faster with tools, finding files for comparing with originals. But harder for overview without manage or sorting with tools.

And sometimes, a new directory for modified BUT duplicated files will give you a few less fps.
Most RPG games with mods benefit from a merger with the original archives. Maybe a hint for FO/TES fans. Or in case of Ego-Shooter games, Half-Life 2, it is better to have the original sturcture from 2002/2003. No gcf, vpk or whatever cool

But yeah that’s right! I agree… so attention with Outdated modifications :slight_smile:

The only way to be sure about a mod is to look at the date of the last patch of a mod, and the posts. And all availble info the modders give. Thats the criteria for me, nothing else.

OK i found it for myself and it works again. THX!

1 Like