Mods no longer working?

Sinse 1.5 no mods are working rite, using his mod and hood mod both not working. Both put in mod folder

Well you’d have to check if the mods were tested properly to work with the later patches. You know mods aren’t officially supported by wh right?

Yes. But they were allways fine till 1.5

Check with the programmer. This is not really Warhorse’s issue.

I’m not asking warhorse, I’m asking the community.

1 Like

A lot of Mods have become Orphans as the authors have movd on to a new fancy. 1.5 did in a few mods and unless specifically stated updated for 1.5 or 1.6 your on your own.

1.6 did a number on a lot of older mods and the DLC is even worse. With mods that have not been updated for months ( orphaned). The DLC about forces you to go vanilla to play it in the village. Some mods still work way from Prib. others cause infinite loading or a hard lock up now. You just hafta find which still work away from the DLC area and hafta dump the mod folder if in the village.( real PIA).
Is the reason I hardly go back there . I am ok with running it as I have 967,000+ Coin to do and a 1200 income.
Until the mod kit support is released this will be the way and prolly get worse as the other DLC’s kick in going to a probable point of playing with mods and no DLC’s or no mods at all.

Yeah it’s annoying all I want is to remove the stupid dot, reticule, I’m using a HUD mod but it doesn’t remove the dot just the stat bars and makes the perk icons which is the stupidest decision to put them on when u can see them in menu. What the hell is the point in that stupid reticule anyways ffs

Also don’t want to put in a command. Is there not a cfg file command ?

a mod to Keep it there for bows ya. Not aware of a removal one or a cfg file… Personally I like the dot and isn’t the center of my view( I look at the whole screen not just the very center) and often forget it’s there.

Doesn’t matter found it. God I hate intrusive uis.

Most mods, with few exceptions, are only altering a few lines of a particular file. When WH puts out an update to a file and you load a mod, then you are not getting the WH changes.

What you need to fix it yourself. z-zip and notepad+ with a plugin called compare.

Right click on your mod (modname.pak) and select 7-zip -> open archive. Figure out what file your archive actually modifies. Extract the file and open it with Notepad+. Now do the same thing with the file in the KCD directory that the mod is overwriting. With both files open side by side in Notepad+ use the compare plugin. Any changes will be highlighted.

Since your mod is based on an old version of the file, any new lines in the updated file from the KCD directory will be highlighted. These are the ones that your mod doesnt have and are causing the game to crash. In the mod file, anything that is highlighted are the changes that the mod is altering.

At this point you have 2 options. Copy and paste the mod changes to the update file or copy the new lines in the updated file to mod file. Save and use 7zip to make a new .pak file.

If you have not done this before, it will take about 30 minutes, but you now have a new mod that is compatible with 1.6. Better than waiting for the mod authour to get around to it.

1 Like

Sadly a lot of mods at nexus don’t work like they should because of the patch/update frequency at WH which is conflicting with the mods. A lot of modders just don’t have time to continue updating their mods at the rate at which WH patches the game.

I’m glad WH hasn’t abandoned the game and is very involved with it, the more patches the better, but the modding community especially the modders that make extreme overhauls can’t keep up!

There are a hand full of mods at nexus I want to play with again but haven’t been updated since patch 1.2 - 1.4ish and no longer work properly.

I just cannot understand why we need stupid perk icons on the screen, you can see you’re perks any time by opening menu

Did not thoroughly read all posts, so forgive me it this was already stated…

I have noticed that many of the “zzz_modnamehere.pak” mods no longer work in 1.6 because the “Mods” folder is where the game engine is checking for altered files. This requires a little digging into the mod to find what files have been modded. You can open the “.pak” with 7zip and read the file structure. Make a new folder in mods, I.E. “ThisModsName” then extract the “zzz_mod.pak” into that folder. Click down through the folders and see what is there, maybe write down a few folders names… Go back to your data folder and find the correspondingly named folders and paks. Search through them to be sure you have the right one (CTRL+F search function helps) and then match the file locations to the mod. Go back to your “Mods” folder in the root game folder and inside the folder you created place the files into a “Data” subfolder. From there rename the folders/paks as is needed to direct them to the proper location of the file currently in the new version 1.6 folder structure. I’ve found workarounds for every mods so far by this method.

Any questions or help needed, please ask, be specific to your problem, and specify which mod and version you are using and I will take the 10 minutes to help you if I can.