Mods support

Maybe they will make a remastered edition in 10 years with a newer engine and add all these things from the beta back. Hardware will be powerful enough to handle that. It’s even today, but they cutted it down for consoles.

Well, Bannerlord just came out with an early access date (Mar 2020). If KCD doesn’t get mod support by then, it’ll be tough to recover the lost eyeballs

War Horse have confirmed at Gamescome that they are working in the Modding Tools. I quote the news:

“Mod support is the last thing we are doing right now, the last thing we want to release for Kingdom Come Deliverance ”, the PR manager said in a new interview with Gamepressure. “Right now, we are working on modding tools so that people can do their own stuff – Steam Workshop is already working, but only with the tools you can write your own quest, for example. We are thinking of a way out to cleverly release that. Unfortunately, consoles are out because they’re not supporting this – it’s not because we don’t want to, but because Microsoft and Sony haven’t agreed on anything yet, so I can tell you: PC – yes, and we’ll see about the rest, I’m not sure.”

4 Likes

Great news!

1 Like

Veeeery great news!!!
One reason why PC is major gaming platform and it will ever be.

1 Like

Sounds great but the game breaking issues associated with RE makes me a bit concerned about mod-related change mgmt

They should also release the source code of the game so that the community can continue fixing bugs.

Interestingly, with the release of tools for modding, it will be possible to experiment with graphics and vegetation? In addition to changing quests, I would like to make the game more beautiful, closer to the beta version.

1 Like

Yes. ModKit and source code with this both you can do everything!!!

1 Like

So what’s the update on this? I own the game on GOG and Steam, really purchased it for the mod support (I mean I love the game itself too just mod support is something I greatly enjoy). The last I heard they were going to be offering up tools or something. Do they still plan on doing this?

From a recent interview, Tobi said that there will be support for mods, they promised to release it by the end of the year.

2 Likes

Great. I think this will be patch 2.0.

Thanks! That sounds really cool, can’t wait to see it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dont know anything about this company but I bought this game specifically because it was a medieval open world RPG with mod support. I thought I be buying the next Skyrim.
Cant really explain my frustration at still not having mod support. Dont think I’ll buy a sequel tbh

This game is a billion times better than Skyrim. Even without mod support.

3 Likes

The game itself is amazing though. Why would you immediately decide not to buy something simply because you can’t mod it to Skyrim levels, especially when the game in question is far more complex? Regardless, they had at the time of your post stated tools were going to be released that would allow people to do such things. The lack now of mods that meet your standards of “making it worth while” falls solely on the lack of modders working on the game, not the devs. That is of course using your strange reasoning to come up with a counter…

In short, I’m stumped at your reasons.