Monastery elections

So am I now in monastery and honestly - I really enjoy those missions. I’ve already found the suspicious monk and I’m ready to move forward with the story line.
Before I leave the monastery, my question is : can I really help one of those candidates gets elected?

Well, by digging up dirt on one of them your effectively helping the other get elected. If you mean following it all through and waiting to see the actual outcome of the election i dont know. I was just glad to get out and never go back after the nightmare i went through . They are all probably still sitting at that table, eating away, for eternity. Or it gets fixed.

Got a method for you to fix this quest in 30 sec for your next play. Pm me if interested @Anyt

You can fix it so there is no election at all, by helping to heal the abbot. I haven’t tried swaying the election to one of the monks yet. I always just heal the Abbot. Once the game gets fixed, I’ll have to try it though.

Well, in real life they both ended up as Abbot. The cicater became the abbot two years later and apparently died that same year since the other one was also elected abbot that same year and was abbot for years.