Most of screen turns black 1-2 times every 10 minutes

So, video is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQqnl90Yi6g
I already fixed bug with flying character, but cant fix black screen.
I have this bug since 1.4.3, playing newest 1.5 didnt solve the problem, at first i thought that it might be because of hd voice pack/texture pack, but turning them off didnt help, the only way to fix this is unequip helmet or just wait 10-30 seconds)
My system is:
I7-6700k
GTX 1080(latest driver, same happened with previous drivers)
game is on ssd

Are you able to change the res or windowed mode?

Yes i am, but after alt+tab fullscreen always changes to borderless

Yes the frequency of it occouring suggests some windows background task…
(Until I read about the helmut; in which case it is to do with the effect and for the devs to sort)
As of 1.4.x windows has likely added this to their little self gimp tool ‘game mode’(never shown to help-only to hinder, at first only used with microsoft first parties (very effectively for gimping a pc to perform akin to an xbox) now ON for KCD I will bet!!)
Game mode might be reason for game returning to borderless fullscreen everytime we return to it.
It has essentially killed my pc multitasking whilst KCD runs. If we swap out, on return it is borderless; setting to fullscreen would set details to high and require about twenty more button pushes (and a game load) just to continue…

game mode can really screw stuff over (which microshaft wants as it encourages consoles for gaming)

Just the other day I wanted to play forza 3 whilst KCD updated.
Steam being required to fire up to get KCD update meant game mode was active.
Forza was unplayable as it wasnt the focus.
Changing (thread) affinity and priority could no longer help. (Essentially what game mode made automatic for the peons)

Game mode 1/game play = none

No, its not because of new windows game mode.
i turned it off since they added it, also dvr and other useless things are also turned off.

Could be a bug or something

I undertsand, thats why this post is in bug section xd.

1 Like

Do u get this with other games? Could be coincidence it just happened with 1.4.3.

No, only KCD

The post suggests it was a helmut effect/pass gone astray.

(Also game mode is no longer defeatable; its a huge part of microshafts strategy going forward. It was developed around the same time that a first party got acess to the scorpio hardware- as bits in a box…; it is basically used to ensure subpar performance from ninja rigs:sure its design was for improving performance- yet the only example of it doing so is so unlikley to ‘be a thing’; its legacy will continue to make pc gaming xbox grade (or less)(emphasis on 'or less)).

i didnt get ur opinion on this.
why do you think that its not defeatable?
and why do u think that my problem is 100% cuz of microsoft game mode?

I dont.
I think it is a helmut animation pass gone astray.

The fame node reference was getting back to the frequency of occourance. Assuming your routine in the game isnt magically so consistant that every ten minutes you are doing the exact same things… it would be something extrinsic to the game.

Since this game got on microsofts radar (one of only a handful of titles that encourages PC ownership) it will be of huge interest to them to either a)aquire studio/intelectual property or b)bury it.
Bury it is cheaper, ultimately leads to cheaper IP aquisition. Very microsoft methodology.

Game mode is used to exclusively to make games have issues. Around the time mocrosoft would have ‘game moded’ this title we have fullscreen dropping to windowed borderless against our will and problems that may come with that… (which software is the focus/potential input issues etc)
It also opens potential for softwate focus transitions that might look like what you are experiencing.

By all means take my conspiracy theorist approach with a grain of salt.
It is just based on twenty plus years of watching windows evolve.
They have never played nice/have no interest in pc as a gaming platform/only concern is shareholders: all decisions made for short term financial gains!

They certainly dont put ‘we’ the software users interests first.
There isnt a worse operating system in mainstream use, and game mode was an offshoot from devs who professionally gimped a game to play worse on ninja pc rigs than an xbox one.

Having spent months troubleshooting that software (and being banned from their forums for showing users how to make it work well on PC) I can confirm I have watched the ‘evolutuon’ of pc gaming post xbox x with much interest.

Direct x 12 and win 10 are not consumer pluses. (They could have been- but- micro$oft…)

Well i dont know how it works but now im playing for ~40 minutes without a single glitch on my screen, maybe it was glitch/bug with only 1 buggy helmet?

Glitch/bug happened again, now it happened when rain starts.

Hopefully it is a part of the " rain issues too complex " to make it into 1.5 (that devs have acknowledged and has slipped to 1.6)…

Well, no.
In 1 hour it happened one more time, no rain at all.
now this bug appears randomly, earlier it was more often.

Bugger (random issues are the worst to support).

At least ye nailed the helmut part of the interaction!
Kudos

Well, what im sure about is that that this glitch/bug happens more often in rainy world, i got 3 glitches in 10 minutes, when there could be not glitches for 1-2 hours when its not rainy outside.