Mouse is extremely choppy, only with this game

No matter which direction I look, the mouse is very choppy. If I move the mouse quickly it isn’t as choppy, it’s mainly the small movements with the mouse. It’s like the mouse is shaking back and forth as I’m moving it. It only happens in this game. I’ve changed the speed of the mouse, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, reinstalled the game itself. Nothing has worked, it happened when I first changed the sensitivity in game, which also happened to be roughly the same time as the recent patch. The game is unplayable like this.

1 Like

I have this issue as well, and I noticed it in Elder Scrolls Online too, by the way.
When alt-tabbing out of either game, the mouse is also choppy on the Windows desktop. No real idea as to what causes this, but sometimes it goes away after toggling back and forth from fullscreen to borderless, sometimes when loading a save game, etc.
But when this chopiness is going on, it’s really frustrating - and I agree - unplayable.

1 Like

I have the same issue. choppy when i use short movements.

1 Like

Try to open the console (² or tilde key) then type
i_mouse_smooth = 0
i_mouse_accel = 0
If you have stuttering, freeze, low fps, or want better perf and amazing graphism, please try this PC mod :

1 Like

I have also this problem (which seems to appear after patch 1.3.4). Tried to lower settings and so, but nothing helped (not event Mod above). I thought it was because 1.3.4 patch set my setting from fullscreen to borderless window, but event after setting it back to fullscreen mouse is still lagging. Really weird.

1 Like