Multiplayer Category

Mods, could you please add a new Multiplayer category to the forum?

Half of the Gameplay category is taken up by discussions about possibility/impossibility of multiplayer that more or less escalate into flamewars after a few posts anyway.
I’d really like to be able just filter those out by category so I don’t have to see this anymore.

Anybody who is thinking alike, please like.

1 Like

Why do you want a multiplayer category, when there will be no multiplayer? Dan said it many times, if I’m correct.

Because the Gameplay category is cluttered with pointless multiplayer threads.

I don’t want multiplayer in the game, I don’t need multiplayer threads in the forum, but since they’re there, and in great numbers, they might as well be in their own category. (Or deleted right after creation for all I care)

1 Like

This is kind of a strange solution but I wouldn’t be opposed to adding a new category. It would certainly help those of us who don’t care about multi-player but are bombarded with posts requesting it.

Just push all these topics into “offtopic” category or merge them together. Problem solved. :wink:

I want Starport cantina section because there will be none in the game.

I don’t think we need a Multiplayer category. We just need people to stop making new Multiplayer posts and, perhaps, for those posts to be deleted when they do end up made since it’s nothing new by now.

Having an actual category for it will only encourage more posts about it.

3 Likes

Have you heard of the news about Don’t Starve? It’s going to have multiplayer mode soon. However they deleted and blocked posts about multiplayer in their forums all the time because they said back then it wouldn’t make sense in the current state of development to think about multiplayer if the goal is to create a unique singleplayer experience.

So basically this is how Warhorse might approach it, too. Dan said multiplayer mode might not be a feature in Act 1, maybe it could be implemented in Act 2, but that’s more of a speculation rather than reality. Until then one or another person might have created a Multiplayer Mod. The best option by now is to wait for more input from the devs about this topic rather than creating the illusion of multiplayer possibility via an extra category while this feature is not stated as official feature.

Yeah, let’s leave it to Warhorse to get Act I out first, the way they want it to be, then see about anything after that.

I think the best solution would still be to merge all these topics together to one big multiplayer collection thread. People could make suggestions there and talk about the topic without the need to start a new thread again and again…

Agreed on the merging. No need for multiple posts about multiplayer.

Disagree with you alll :smiley: I think it doesn’t need its own category and surely shouldn’t be deleted (cenzorship is generaly bad idea). Just leave as it is. So there are few posts about multiplayer… just ignor them, dont add comments and they will scroll to oblivion. Its not like the forum is flooded with them anyway.

Nobody here wants them to be deleted or censored…

Learn what “censorship” means please. Don’t abuse this word for this nonsense.

Perhaps I din’t understand well (then I apologize). But I think that YuusouAmazing suggest that Warhorse might delete and block them.