Multiplayer Survival Mode

Did you guys ever think about a multiplayer suvrival mode:

• Imagine a medieval world where we could eventually team up against other
    bands of humans for glory, for greed, or simply … for survival.

What got me in the first place was a rider falling of his horse. A big thumbs up for that :smile:

So if you’d ask me what else I want to see in this game:
1.Some good sense of humor:

• What happens if I let something rather heavy fall on someones foot?
  • How would the world change If I get too drunk to walk or talk.

2.And a little bit of sex now and then:

• Well, the nights were rather long and dark then, weren’t they?

Cheers

5 Likes

No. Just no. No multiplayer, No survival. We don’t want another Survival MP/Coop game like DayZ and Rust.
This should be STRICTLY Singleplayer game.

There were a lot of single player games, and they were great. You don’t need to push MP into games. Hell I even think there should only be SP only and MP only games, so that one doesn’t take away from the other.

3 Likes

oh god. leave it to modding please. someone will probabaly create a zombie survival game/nude mod for the kids. sigh

No no no. Imagine… beautiful morning in the game… and horde of retards killing every moving thing in game… No multiplayer.

4 Likes

Wait for mods and ruin the game just for yourself, thanks

2 Likes

My god, you all sound really narrow minded.
Ruining the game… hell. Why should a free roaming game addon ruin anything.

There are endless ways how gameplays could eventually look like. Did I talk about zombies?
I don’t think so.

I didn’t talk about zombies, or a nude mod. What nonsense answer is that?

If you think that normal human interaction is just for kids… I suggest you think again.
You want to have a realistic world? Realisitic NPC behaviour? But then no relation with the opposite sex… how very realistic is that?

It could be fairly interesting but like the others, I find there’s enough games that give you the opportunity to experience it. Perhaps some other games in the future could incorporate your idea!

This game, however, should remain strictly SP, in my opinion.

Im sure most people don’t mean to get you down but there are very few large scale games that don’t try to ram multiplayer down your throat too. There are a huge variety of multiplayer games out there and we just get a bit defensive at the thought of losing yet another single player experience to the ravages of MP.

Every real person in my game could ruin my game. Most people are idiots and they play like idiots. I don’t like idiots in my game.

Sorry, I don’t want to insult anyone, that’s just my opinion.

MP is ok when you play with or against REAL friends (you know, the guys you really know). But something like DayZ in medieval times is imo just a huge waste of time and resources.

Single player games are not very interesting to me because they are static. There’s no original interaction there. No real opponent. In Skyrim I find a way to exploit the stupid AI. If I just hide behind this hill then the dragon will not come get me and I can shoot him with arrows until he dies. Etc etc etc

That being said, perhaps this isn’t the game for multiplayer. Check out “Life is Feudal”

Life is Feudal looks to be exactly what we’re looking for. I just hope the physics and combat system are as polished and good as those that will (eventually) be in War of the Vikings. Player to player interaction is supremely entertaining and must be done very well to make it awesome.

Of course there will be crappiness, and there’s no way to compete with dudes who play all the damn time and do nothing else with their time, which is part of what ruins multiplayer. Plus all the trolls and shitheads. But that’s the price you play for dynamic game play.

Yay Kingdom Come!

[quote=“Skoggarman, post:11, topic:3043”]
That being said, perhaps this isn’t the game for multiplayer.
[/quote] I think this sums it up. There are plenty of other games out their that have “multiplayer/co-op/horde/survival/12yo kids yelling at you” modes, I don’t see any reason precious developmental time and resources should be spent on such things for Kingdom Come till after all three story acts have been released.

1 Like

WOW. So much hate for multiplayer. Most games and I would go as far as to say 95% of them… survive and thrive because of multiplayer. Very few gamers can stick to one game for long without interacting with people. Elder Scrolls is a prime example. Amazing singleplayer… but people got bored and moved on while they waited for the next installment. A lot of them screamed for multiplayer which then of course made the Elder Scrolls Online game really take off.

Face it, this day in age, it’s all about the multiplayer. Even more so… games that allow community modding go even further.

I hope you guys don’t speak for this community because it’s horrible seeing you bad mouth multiplayer to the point of claiming it will ruin this game (the joys of multiplayer is… gasp you don’t NEED to play it, so it clearly can’t ruin the game). I for one would love an open world version of this game. Something I can go out there and experience with my members (in my organization). The engine certainly can handle it.

This is a single player game, we all backed it that way. It does get a bit tedious when people back something and then try to get it changed into something else.

1 Like

everyone wanted better mp support for arma 3, but now no one even plays it, just a bunch of empty “wasteland” servers for people who prefer to play day z anyway.

sp+modding more than enough to keep a game interesting indefinitely.

I’m guessing you haven’t played ArmA lately. I’ve been on a bunch of near full servers in the last couple weeks. I also play mods like Alive and Breaking Point… to enhance the original MP.

As for backing the game and regards to “changing the game” to what it’s intended… no one says anywhere just because you back the game, other people can’t put in suggestions for future content, expansions, modes, etc. Who’s to say they haven’t also backed the game and maybe more than you?

I for one backed the game, and yes, I’d like to see multiplayer. There’s a huge playerbase to be had there and the devs could tap that. If they were as closed minded as some of the other people commenting, they could essentially kiss those potential consumers goodbye. Hopefully instead, they’ll consider doing it.

Not another one like DayZ and Rust? You know that you’re referencing 2 games that are unreleased right? FYI these ideas are new and popular in games, just like a historically accurate medieval RPG could prove to be.

I think it might be a cool mod, as far as playing AGAINST other people. As far as playing WITH other people (as in coop) I think that would be more easily accomplished and enjoyable. To everyone hating on multiplayer the developer hasn’t ruled it out, and may add it in later acts of the game.

[quote=“PrimusPalus, post:16, topic:3043”]
As for backing the game and regards to “changing the game” to what it’s intended… no one says anywhere just because you back the game, other people can’t put in suggestions for future content, expansions, modes, etc. Who’s to say they haven’t also backed the game and maybe more than you?
[/quote] Many of the people backing this game will have payed attention to the updates from Warhorse on Kickstarter regarding multiplayer, but just in case you missed it here it is.

[quote]Multiplayer

There seems to be demand for multiplayer experience. Unfortunately, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a singleplayer game only. We are thinking about cooperative multiplayer in some further future, but definitely not for Act I.[/quote]
This is quoted from Kickstarter update #6.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294225970/kingdom-come-deliverance/posts?page=2

So as you can see Warhorse have no interest in developing multiplayer, at least for this act of the game anyway.

Also as I summarised above, multiplayer development and testing takes away valuable resources and time which could be better be used polishing the Single Player experience. I’m not against MP on principle; for instance if they’ve finished all three acts and then decide to release a MP or co-op component then that’s fine and I would probably even give it a try.

2 Likes

My problem with the proposal for multiplayer in KCD is that in a project such as this, a project that probably has a limited budget, implementing good multiplayer will use resources that would otherwise be used to improve and polish single player.

Also, I have put about 350 hours into skyrim alone and not once have I thought it would be improved by multiplayer. And I have played the elder scrolls online (albeit for a short period) and I didn’t enjoy it. Strong story and multiplayer are extremely difficult to marry together and as someone who does play many games for the narrative this means multiplayer is never my primary focus.

Just sayin’