My short tale in unplayable game

Spent about 15 minutes riding a horse, explored some woods, enjoyed wonderful scenery. Found the camp, talked with the trainer, he gave me wooden sword and told me to defend myself. We danced around the ring for about 15 minutes, he taught me how to fight with the sword.

Then we left the ring, and 4 soldiers went in to train with real weapons and shields. Then, all of a sudden, three soldiers attacked one of their own, with real weapons. Swearing and cussing, they killed him in some most brutal way, blood was everywhere. One of them kept bashing the corpse’s head with his club, the other two had to pull him off. Reminded me a scene with a printer from a movie “Office Space”.

I tried to talk to the trainer to see whats going on. He wouldn’t talk to me. After about 2-3 minutes more of cussing and cursing the whole world, they finally calmed down. I went to check the man, to see maybe he needs some medical attention. Maybe they didn’t beat him dead after all, but no he was dead. He had some items on him, but I decided not to take anything, since the only button available to me was steal, and why would I still from an innocent man, who just became a victim of some horrendous blood lust misunderstanding.

Trainer, however, told me that I am a thief and need to go to jail or pay money, otherwise they would rape my whole family and eat their legs. I got scared and paid 15 gold. During all that talk, I was getting text on my screen, my trainer wouldn’t open his mouth though, he just kept gesturing, I kept gesturing as well but my mouth wouldn’t move. We must have been exchanging our thoughts telepathically. Interesting mix of medieval and Sci-Fi. Next time, I’ll have to look for a UFO in the woods, I think aliens may have left some technology behind that I can benefit from very much.

So I paid the fee, and walked towards the commander. The corpse, however, was already outside the ring. I think, while I was telepathically communicating with the trainer, the other soldiers have thrown the corpse outside of the ring. I thought, maybe the beaten soldier is not dead after all, and checked on him again. But it was the same steal deal, so after checking his pulse and not detecting any, I just pushed the Exit button again.

To my surprise, everyone around me, including the trainer, who just taught me the basics of life and almost became like a father to me, drew their weapons and bows, and in a twinkling of an eye, I found myself stabbed with swords, chopped with an axes and pierced with arrows. Blood filled my eyes and I felt that darkness is overtaking me. I think I died, because the last thing on my screen was " GAME OVER ".

My conclusion - its a good game, very short though, for writing stories. But pretty much unplayable, with some awfully done scripting. Oh, I forgot to tell you… I think my trainer was an alien. First, he could talk with me while not moving his lips (and I could talk back the same way!) and his face kept changing, I think his skin was moving, or was undergoing some odd changes on molecular level. I think, before they killed me, I crapped my pants twice. First time, when I got scarred by a bold man’s face and then of course, right before I died because they say that right before you die, you must be crapping your pants. Cartman said that on South Park, so it must be true.

Hopefully you enjoyed my story. I think I’ve enjoyed it more than actual gameplay of KC:D. Peace!

3 Likes

urrr it’s a beta

1 Like

Not really. It feels more like Pre-Alpha.

1 Like

Gr8 m8, you took the b8.

Well thats your opinion…
Lot of people have more than 50 hours in game already, so it is not as unplayable us you make it sound. It certainly has some baaad issues, but its not so hard to adapt to them.

I see a lot of people saying its beta but from what I can tell the issues are very serious for a beta stage, But then again they dont have a set release date for this game so that hopefully gives them a good amount of time to iron everything out.

Well, I had a similar issue with the training in the camp as well. The first time I arrived there were two soldiers fighting and the training master was watching them, holding a drawn sword above his head. All the time. Then one of the soldiers killed the other and started running, other soldiers followed him and killed him. I went to check the corpse, took its armor (hey, it didn’t prevent the guy in it from dying, but it’s still armor), and the rest of the camp drew their swords and killed me.

The second time I arrived into the camp and the training master was sitting by the fire. I talked to him, begun my training (where I sucked… well, to say “a lot” would be an understatement :slight_smile:), and as the training was nearing the end, in the use-everything-you’ve-learned part, I went on a clicking spree and bashed the training master several times into the head. His reaction? Sheated the sword, while everyone else drew their weapons and killed me.

So… how do you pass the training? Or more precisely, do you even need do pass the training? I have a save right before it, so I can practice it several times and otherwise play other quests.

The thing I posted is a humor based on a true in-game experience. I didn’t make anything up. :wink: Just put it in color hehe.

I did not have a lot of crashes , but I do have a lot of performance issue I can play it in high but from time to time the fps go to low , other quest like the sick bastard and locked out I can’t finish them because I can’t talk back to the NPCs, the enemy camp mission I haven’t finished it because even though I had cunman armor and shit they will still attack me xD . I am not mad at all I am hyped for the game and I see a lot of potential for the final product . I am just sad because I can’t play the game smoothly I started all again to see if I can finish those quest

1 Like

Only Quest Bugs (dialogues) keep me away from playing.
And I just get freezing and crashes only when I load a game more than three times in succession.
But its more then other Betas from other titles!

I saw a bug report that said if you change settings you have to start a new game to avoid performance issues. I did that and it seemed to help (settings were at the changed level, not reverted back to original), I was only an hour in so it was not a big deal. Also saw many game crashes when playing after changing settings. Played for an hour with the new game and … not a crash but a black screen in the training area.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what the differences are between Alpha and Beta stages of game development.

You ran into some bugs and glitches. Hey, guess what? You were told on the very front page of the website, the one entitled About The Beta, “Please bear in mind that the game is a Beta version: bugs, glitches and some technical issues may occur! Thank you for support and understanding!” You appear to be missing the “understanding” part.

It is most certainly playable. There is gameplay. It exists in several different forms with a variety of systems, each in different states of completion.

Your post is sarcastic and snarky and isn’t really very helpful to the community at large, is it? Your second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh paragraphs could have been replaced with a simple statement, “there were some bugs that resulted in my character’s death.”

If you decide to play it again in the future, go in with your eyes open to the fact that, while there is much playable content, it is still in an unfinished state. Expect your character to die frequently from elements outside of your control. Expect to start new games with new characters because your existing game crashed and the save is unrecoverable. Expect bugs to lock out some systems temporarily or until you start a new game. And still there is enjoyment to be had from experimenting with the systems that are currently in place. This is what it means to experience a game during the Beta stage of development.

And for the record, in pre-Alpha you would expect to feel overjoyed at having a character model capable of movement across a flat plane. There might be a tree.

EDIT: I just noticed that my reply was to a thread that got necro’d from 9 months ago so the original poster is most likely never going to see it. Ah well. Maybe it will be seen by someone else and help to set reasonable expectations.

1 Like