Names in the russian localization

Hi. I think to change the names in the Russian localization is very-very-very bad idea. Henry-Grisha (Гриша), Hynek-Tolik (Толик). I hear one, but read other.
In this case, I want to offer change “groshen” to “rubles”, “Rataje” to “Moscow”. But most of all i don’t need the dog and the horse. I need my tame bear.

P.S. Miss birches in the game.

1 Like

Henry - Jindřich - Йиндржих.
Hynek - Янек.

Имена собственные не переводятся. Сергей=Sergey. При любом другом раскладе мне ни посылки на почте не получить, ни через границу перейти.
Если бы они русскую озвучку замутили, чтобы и услышано и увидено в титрах было одинаково, то хоть Васисуалием и Даздрапермой назови. Но с Толика я реально был удивлен, да с Петюни.

Could you please go into more detail here, why we should change it? I don´t speak russian, and if there is a good reason we can think about it.

In all videos translated into russian Henry is Генри. Henry is the proper name and it well known in Russia. I know I’m playing the Czech game, it would be strange to see in it the Russian names.
At this point the game lost a bit of realism. A slightly different situation with Ricky (Вонючка) cause it nickname.
Also without voice-over in russian i hear Henry but read Grisha and same thing with other names.

P.S My name is Sergey and in every country i wll be Sergey without compromise :о)

Об этом я и говорил.

Name of the main hero is actually Jindřich in Czech, so it should be Йиндржих?
We can certainly change that in the subtitles. Thank you!

I mean subtitles and voice should ba same.

Why not?

I understand what you’re saying, and I agree. If I was watching a movie, and they say the name Sergey, but the subtitles called him Steve, it would be distracting.

Yes. Same goes for other characters. Exempli gratia: Hynek - Янек.

For example It would be cool for me to play with Czech voice-over and Russian subtitles.
Severe Czech realism. :о)

Аналогично.

As far as I know, the names should not be translated, they should be transliterated.

Ahoj! Greetings! Здравствуйте! =) My name is Alexander. (Александр). Russian Federation. I am pre-purchase its genius wonderful game! Its seems that a good splendid team that makes it game. I am like czech cars (also germany) and think that its best first person view RPG-game, Witcher 3 however best 3-rd person view RPG my opinion. I am totally agreed with Grubocap about names in the game. Main hero name Henry - its “Генри” at russian language. And “Гриша” - its full name “Григорий”, eng. name - Gregory, Czech name - Řehoř. (its not Henry so it seems). And agree that maybe you transcript your Czech names at russian. Best regards!!! =)

2 Likes

Thank you, now I know what is going on at all :smiley:

2 Likes

there’s no magic and no psychic ability of communicating with animals!!!
I read cold Tolmacheva trilogy!!! it’s cool !the picture is from there
нет магии, и нет экстрасенсорных способностей общения с животными!!!
я читал холод тормашева троилогия!!! это круто !картинка от туда

And now ELEX too. xD