Never been so disappointed in a game :(

Kingdom Come is such a good game, I’ve really got stuck into it, but I’m about to snap the disk in half! I feel like I’ve wasted my money!
I’m playing on PS4 and the game clearly wasn’t ready to be released!
The constant crashing and glitches is unreal! It’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced, this game is really testing my patience!
I’ve been playing for 7 hours today, yet I’ve made absolutely no progress! My most recent save is from last night! This is because it crashes every time I sleep, but also sometimes when I interact with people and objects. Every time I eat, fast travel or talk to someone I’m risking it crashing! I’ve tried loading older saves but have the same result!
I’ve tried saving with Savior Schnapps, but it either crashes or comes up ‘Game Saved’, but doesn’t actually create a save file!
The most annoying thing is it’s taking me far too long to follow quests, because of the amount of loading time between interactions, for example I went to eat food and it took over 4 minutes for the game to complete this interaction, I spoke to the Overseer in Monastery and from pressing the ‘X’ button to talk to loading up the dialogue to actually talk took 6 and a half minutes! I’ve put in too many hours to start again.
As a test I’ve played Skyrim and Need For Speed since and they were floor-less! So there clearly is nothing wrong with my console!
I’ve also deleted the game data, reinstalled the game and downloaded all the updates again, but this has made no difference!
Warhorse I want my money back!

8 Likes

Be a little more patient… There is a patch coming in about a week I believe.

It really is in an embarrassing state. Beta quality at best. It needed at least another 5-6 months of testing and polishing to be worthy of a full price release. I understand that games launch with bugs, but this level isnt normal and anyone who says it is is delusional.

I love this game. I can forgive this amateur hour release because i want warhorse to be very successful so they can make more medieval games that take us to places like the hundred year war, ect. But less patient players may be far less forgiving than those of us who have an interest in games about history. Its too bad they didnt push back release until it was actually ready. Maybe they ran out of money and were forced to drop kcd in this premature state.

10 Likes

I haven’t really had any trouble with it on PC.

6 Likes

I’m playing on Xbox one x and have the version 1.2 update. It crashes for us too any time we open the Quest Log or the map making fast travel and the main Quest “the hunt” undoable. Other crasheshave happened during dialog but rarely for me. I’ve ran around the game after getting to Ratta y and completed every achievable side quest or activity in the game at that point as well as collected all the treasure maps and their loot that I could find (missing 7, 22, 23, and maybe 25. So far the highest numbered map is 24 but I’m assuming 25 because I’m OCD) also collected all the skill books I could find. That said I’ve put 140 or 160 ish hours in in two play throughs and these crashes start happening after an hour mark in game play and not because of a specific event or quest, (it’s happening to all console gamers from what I’ve read and seen in reviews) I hope this information helps KCD in finding a solution but at the moment I literally cant do anything in the game. It’s on hold and pending the next update if it’s still unplayable and they continue to focus on less game breaking problems I’ll return it. Lock picking isn’t a problem pick pocketing isn’t a problem fix the crashes then polish the mini games.

1 Like

I haven’t had any problems on regular PS4.

1 Like

You will… Until they fix this? You’ll see at some point. Then hope you don’t lose all your saved data before they fix it. I refuse to pick my copy back up until they fix this. Lost all my console data the other day and all of my back up data on a external drive was corrupted. 50+ hours gone.

Bummer dude.

1 Like

Be patient. You should have expected this from a game that isn’t barely a week old.

Bugs will be missed prior to release, even game breaking ones, simply due to the fact that they have only SO MANY testers. It’s impossible to patch all the problems that your buyers will experience prior to release.

I’m sorry that you’re not enjoying the game, but give them time to fix things. Trust me, the game is worth it.

And, as many have said, this game has like 1/10 the funding of Skyrim.

1 Like

Well, i remember when Skyrim went out. Holy Cow, it was a mess fest…

1 Like

Catain Saucy. Do you honestly think that he/she should have “Expected This”? The game runs pretty flawless for me thank God but theres a lot of people that are having odd issues. Honestly, if i purchased a car that stalled out every few hours i would be kinda pissed about that but somehow if it is a fully priced game then people should be patient while they fix the things that should have been ready to go from the start.

Yes, I really do. This isn’t a car, this is a game. Being pissed is natural. I’d be pissed if I found bugs that ruined the game for me, but I’d move on. Bugs are expected in a game so close to launch, especially games this size.

Yup, PS4 seems to be the worst console for this game. There are threads with dozens of people having all their data files corrupted. I personally lost 60 hours of gameplay; makes you wonder where is the line drawn when it comes to refunds

2 Likes

1/10 the funding but they released it for a higher price than skyrim so I expect it to work and be at least half as enjoyable but in its current state it’s awful. Beyond that the actual gameplay isn’t that fun or enjoyable, once you’ve learnt it, it’s so simple and boring that it’s pretty stale. The side quests have no fun or feeling… talk to someone and pass a speech test depending on how shiny your armour is and then ride across the country to speak to another person to pass another speech test. It’s pretty boring and crappy at its core. The only semi interesting part is the main story which is pretty short and the ending is terrible because it doesn’t end. Just a set up for kingom come cash grab 2.

2 Likes

That is no excuse. If they only have so many testers then they should have put the release date back. Some bugs in an open world game is acceptable as far as i am concerned. The utter game breaking bugs that plague this game shows to me that there was barely any testing done.
I have put several hours already in the game and i am not past Talmberg yet due to having to replay parts over and over again due to bugs (that should have been found during testing phases). From crashes to unresponding npc’s to instakill situations.
People excusing game breaking bugs like this add to the overall lazy (as in, we patch it later) attitude that a lot of developers have nowadays.

It is rather a shame that these issues weren’t dealt with before it was released.

Of course bugs will be in there to be dealt with later on but if it is as bad as this on consoles (I’m not playing on console myself) then it’s a pity for WH and those who bought the console versions. I’m sure WH will sort it out as soon as they can.

They don’t seem to be able to escape that attitude. Even if they spent all their spare time testing, there’s no way they’ll catch every game breaking bug, no matter how diligent they are. They may not even be aware of them.

In short, if you don’t want to deal with bugs, why on earth buy a game this soon after release?

I have to agree. I would feel the same way if i wasnt on pc and using the save mod. That literally is the only thing that keeps me going through the game because there are so many bugs and glitches to screw everything up, even saving with the schnapps but it is an indie companies first major game (across 3 platforms) and didnt have all the money sources like major AAA devs do.

With that, i do think they couldve at least waited another month or 2 until these patches were implemented. Its not fair to charge 60 for a game in the state its in now (only paid 45 for pc version). So i feel your pain console players. Just be patient, and if the patches dont solve a lot of issues, burn this mf to the ground.

There is a difference between not catching all bugs and having so many bugs in the game that its nearly unplayable. And if in the first couple of hours i on my own can come across several game breaking bugs then they could have as well. So to me this can mean a couple of things, either there was not enough testing done (or lack of experience in the testing department, but without knowing them that is not really fair to say) or they knew about the issues and still decided to release the game because they wanted to make the deadline.

And as a customer i can expect a playable product when i buy it on release date. Again that sort of excuse only makes it easier for developers to get ‘lazy’ and skip on either testing time or funds, because the customers are doing the testing for them. This is not the way it should go.

4 Likes