New computer build - graphics go blurry when moving

I don’t remember this happening when I was playing last summer. The graphics are super sharp, detailed, and gorgeous when I’m standing still. but as soon as I start to move they go get blurry. Then when I stop, the blur quickly resolves into clarity. I turned off motion blur and the issue is still there, so it’s definitely something else.

I have a very powerful system, so it’s not an issue with my computer but some kind of setting in the game. I reinstalled from scratch so not sure what’s going on. Thanks.

Changed the display perhaps?

I’ve seen 4k sets with 150 lines motion res (thats horrendous)
A typical tv has 300-400 lines motion res.

Good gaming sets (action movies etc) like 600-800.

Heck my girlfriends ambibright philips model we run at 1280x720,… but even so it has way more detail than 50% of 4k sets presently selling. (It has way higher MOTION RESOLUTION)

Motion res is the dirty secret tv sales people (and more importantly, the companies) wont talk about.

They mostly list/label simulated res, which is based on engaging all motion enhancement chips in the tv. Stupidly -good motion interpreters and up scalers (colour/res/frames)are included in high qual sets with vastly higher native motion res.
Generally halve the motion rate listed on the box and that is what games get.

I cant do it…
Watching the game be photorealisitc then blur blur blur until we stop moving is a massive immersion break.
I am stuck gaming on an older plasma TV as it gives 1080 lines of motion resolution. (It stays photorealistic even gaming and without the ‘enhancer chips’ engaged in the TV. -dont get me wrong-I love those enhancer chips for movies, but for gaming where I want the least screen latency between input/movement at the controller to seeing movement onscreen, those chips make me less competitive… for KCD turn off the TVs game mode, might equal much less blur…

TVs are not monitors.
My ps4 plugged into a monitor gives full motion res. I turn on game mode and sacrifice a little colour accuracy; but at least I can see it-the monitor is colour accurate and makes for a beaut gaming screen. (Gran Turismo in 21:9 is superb)

highest AA causes blur while moving SMAA1TX/2TX

I’ll check into both of these. I’m playing over Steamlink to my tv. But I’d bet I have max FSAA enabled.

Make sure it is cabled as much as possible (ethernet).

Steamlink/ ps tv remote play etc all greatly benefit from the vastly higher bandwidth… which in turn allows for higher refresh rates and resolution.

For now try setting 720 res at sixty frames per second…

(Over wireless -this was a process of trial/error…)

Another thing with regards to steamlink- you can choose to use cpu/intel gpu/gpu for encoding and also have several options with regards to decoding…

When I was trying to send a 3d version of tomb raider to my loungeroom tv (pushing highest settings, naturally), my rig had a few areas where the framerate plummeted. At first I had tried GPU encode (in the remote pc steamlink/broadcast settings), but that left less gpu grunt for pretty effects (it lowered some of my framerates). I then naturally ran with CPU encode and had a few cpu intensive game zones drop frames vs previously- then I had a ‘eureka’ moment (I’m australian-these things happen): turn on/activate the integrated graphics built into the cpu. (Not all cpus have one, many do…)

I had to install the intel display drivers. (AMD cpu and gpu users might be able to skip driver installation but may still need a reboot; then Users can make steamlink do its encoding on the integrated graphics cards, and leave the game to have full cpu/gpu grunt towards what really matters :wink:
In my instance- moving the encode to iGPU, which required ten minutes to do (turning on the integrated graphics via the bios and installing some drivers, reconfigure steam link to use the iGPU) made my 3d tomb raider experience the best it could be.

Just remember-Over wireless, steamlink has huge limitations, and every step of the connection between pc and steam link that can be made wired will help greatly.

Blur is most likely the encode/decode quality and sync/refresh rate settings needing to be looked at…
30hz for 30 frames per second might sound like a matchup, but 60hz will halve the wait times/update more often and feel more zippy. Many tvs at 30hz can suffer blurriness in gaming and i’d generally take 720p over 1080i…

Hope its easy to find and figure out…