Asrock Phantom Gaming ITX x570
Ryzen 3700x
32GB DDR4 3200 RAM
Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Corsair SF750w PSU
Samsung 960 Evo 2TB m.2 nvme
Corsair H100i AIO with 4 120 mm fans (2 in front, 2 in back) plus 2 case fans
All current drivers and bios.

The issue is that no matter what my settings are Radeon tells me a different framerate than the actual game and despite having freesync on enhanced the frames are choppy and occasionally freeze. I am using the XMP profile to run the RAM at 3200Mhz which fixed similar issues in other games but KCD seems to be different.

Current settings are 1080p res, medium settings, and I forced user config with the following settings:
sys_streaming_CPU = 8
sys_MaxFPS = 60
r_vsync = 0
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 16384

Frames are still choppy. Monitor is an LG IPS 4k at 60Hz with 10bpc color depth using DisplayPort 1.2
Pleasee help so I can finally finish this game I’ve had since launch!

Update: It seems my old drivers were never fully uninstalled and I manually removed them from the device configuration menu in the control panel. Then I factory reset Adrenaline and things seem stable now. I will look into the freesync extensions mentioned in the linked thread if it comes back.

Hi, how many fps do you get in 1080p?

uncapped it hits over 144 but since my monitor is 60hz I try to use target framerates of 60

So this is a common Problem on the RX 5700XT. You can try this on your own:

1 Like

So I found I still had old drivers installed and deleted them, then I factory reset the Radeon Adrenaline software and that seems to have fixed the issue. I will try the other software if the issue comes back.