New interview with Daniel Vávra

I think we were all referring to small children between the ages of 5 to 12. But I agree as to them being harder to program due to that dilemma.

1 Like

I feel bad for console users because there’s a high probability of us PC users getting children later with mods.

1 Like

They could make the next stretch goal to be killable children, but I guess this wouldn’t be good PR. :smiley: “Give us more money and you will be able to kill children.” :smiley:

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t think that would blow over too well, I mean aside from the huge spike in backers.

I mean there’s sadly been a large number of people sold on the its a realistic version of skyrim why not give them one more selling point; I see it now “Dungeons, No Dragons, Killable Children”.

1 Like

As bad as that sounds, it still would be the first unmodded RPG to allow us to kill children.

However, with all this talk of killing them, would it be as big a controversy as the terrorist level in CoD 4?

I hope the devs will make an official statement on this eventually. After all, they did promise during the Kickstarter campaign that there would be children. Maybe as (hopefully free) DLC later on?

1 Like

Did they? Do you have a link, I’m really curious. I just briefly searched through their KS page and found no mention of children.

See here:

Nearly half of the medieval society was under age of 15 so yes, we plan to have children in the game.

6 Likes

So with that statement, if they don’t put children in, then what they said was a lie.

If they do but make them immortal, half the game and the battles would be unplayable because they couldn’t be hurt by you or other soldiers. Cause knights (ages 21+) did have squires (ages 14-20) who fought alongside them and if you can only kill the knight but not the squire, you’d be screwed in any situation.

If they do and make them mortal, the game will be banned in some countries.

It looks like this is quite a huge controversy because of how they’d have to make children. The option for killing them would bypass a few countries, but not all. The immortal first, patch after first purchase day would bypass all countries. I just don’t want to see this game become like any other RPG out there with permanent immortal children and only modifiable for PC users.

“we plan to have children in the game”
"So with that statement, if they don’t put children in, then what they said was a lie."
Plan failed i guess.
Anyway, i think this is latest about children from main designer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emH7N-g33qQ#t=3016 50:16 for mobile users.

No, it wouldn’t be a lie. Maybe you should work on your reading skills before you accuse someone of lying.

“We plan to have children in the game” doesn’t mean “we will have children in the game”.

I think they knew why they chose exactly that word; they weren’t sure if it will be possible. Apparently it’s more difficult than they thought, but not having children in the game is not contradictory to that statement.

2 Likes

As much as I’d like to have children in the game as normal NPCs, I think it could seriously harm the sales of the game. Especially if someone makes it their agenda to throw some dirt around. There is already made up controversy about this game (the SJW colored people stuff) and including killable children would make it much worse. It may sound a bit depressing, but ultimately I want this game to be successful, not solve all the problems of the gaming industry.

1 Like
  1. Don’t be an nitpicking asshole. The English language is hard enough as it is to correctly state what you mean without someone subtly hinting you’re a dumbass.

2. If they’re not putting kids in, then that’s fine as well. It’s their game and what we suggest only helps them.

Maybe we should all move onto one of the other 3 topics as it seems Warhorse will deal with children and update us later on their decision. I vote for siege warfare as the new topic.

Also Freix, I’m in a lot of pain from a surgery, so I’m sorry I was rude in the first comment, but seriously don’t be an ass. Be one of the few decent humans left on this earth. God knows we need them.

I agree with you. But it’s simply the gaming world. Dan wants the game to be successful and he has a dire decision to make; break the RPG mold and let children die or make them immortal and be like any other RPG. Either way he’s receiving backlash for any decision he makes.

And this topic should really move on to something different. We all want killable children, but until Warhorse says something new on it, it’s best we all talk about something different.

1 Like

lol, take a walk. Problems with implementation of children have been known almost from the begining. I don’t get why you are so surprised. It’s not only about reaction of PC people, but also about problems with distiribution. So if they have a choice between immortal children, or no children at all, I’m really not sure which one is more realistic… Seriously, calm your tits.

Jesus Christ who took the jam out of your doughnut

I’m not surprised but I’m pissed. Not having children in a “realistic” medieval sim is just pathetic, it’s like sacrificing the whole concept.

And OF COURSE immotral children would be more immersive and realistic than no children at all. Only lunatics want to kill everyone in games. If you just follow the design and rules of the game there is no need to kill children AT ALL.

And then again there is nothing wrong with killing virtual kids in games. It’s not more wrong than killing other virtual people. Of course you should be properly treated for such behaviour in the game. I already suggested months ago to show the players a game over screen in case they kill children (if you want to appease those PC hypocrits).

Honestly, with all the “hard guy” talk Dan does on twitter it’s laughable to even talk about that. It’s also pretty pathetic that my last post got flagged here on the board given the fact that Dan uses the same direct and hard language himself on twitter. You PC guys should be ashamed of yourself if you cannot handle the simple truth.

1 Like

Though I 100% agree on what you saying (including the fact Dan mock SJW on twitter yet children in game seems an issue).

But you could have said that in different manner. This isn´t anyones personal twitter.

2 Likes

Hey guys… let me say one thing for now! This is a major problem… not ours in fact but the problem of different countries… laws are laws and you need to deal with them. Even though you, of course, know that we want to have kids there!!!

@LordCrash
Dan is a bad boy and says what he thinks… but he also is businessman and the boss of 70 people who are working for him and “his” game. He needs to pay them and he wants to make WARHORSE a big name for many years. Of course there need to be some compromise in order to sell the game. Sometimes what you want and what you get are different things.

This is just one of many problems we have to deal with it… and you know what… we will! And therefore our story needs to be even stronger and the other parts even cooler :).

I will promise you that we’ll be talking about the Children thing in the next video update #10 by the end of March. But the sad truth is that in Kickstarter times we really thought that this won’t be any problem at all… unfortunately we were wrong.

So let’s calm down for now and wait for our statement to come… and return the jam to the doughnut! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I don’t think so.

I disagree. Having immortal people in the game will IMO affect gameplay and immersion more than lack of children, many people won’t even realize there should be children, while almost everyone will notice they are immortal. Everyone knows they were immortal in Skyrim.

lol, and you are complaining about hypocrites?

You have serious problems with understanding context. There is quite a difference between enjoying your artistic freedom within the laws and making your game unsellable in many countries, or even on Steam. You are crazy if you think that he will sacrifice succes of his game just to make a point about political corectness.

lol, you surely think high of yourself, don’t you? Oh blessed Prophet of the Truth, please forgive us.