New pc, any help?

Hi, my pc crashed and burned and… Everything bad that can happend to a pc, so I need a new one… And nh pc knowledge is not that bad but not that great either. And now im looking for a pc that can run fallout 4, skyrim se and games like that with not to much problem, and ofc kcd in the future. And pc I have been looking att is like this one: https://www.komplett.no/product/912263/pc-nettbrett/pc-stasjonaer/gaming-pc/msi-trident-3# I know its in Norwegian, but guess you guys manage to find and understand the pc specs anyway… So how would a pc like that perform on games like fallout 4 and KCD in the future? Only thing I think would be to upgrade the ram. And sorry for any typing mistakes, blame phone…

I guess it a good pc for that price… I think.

I made a mock-up pc at origin pc, and ended up with about 41000 Norwegian Krone. So yeah… it was watercooled :wink:
Ofcourse you still need to count shipping and taxes, so don’t think that is a option.

If I were you, I would look at store’s in your country and search within a certain budget, and buy the pc with the best specs I could find.
From the pc you linked, i’m sure it can run any game that come’s out in the next few years.
Aslong as you play on 1080P and arent using any 3D/VR setup.
Iy used to be, I don’t know if it is still the case, that buying a custom/self build pc was cheaper and was more powerfull than any OEM pc.

The one you linked is sure powerful, but too expensive in my opinion. For this money you could easily get more RAM and bigger SSD. How did your PC crash and burn anyway? Usually either video card dies or power unit. You could try taking it to a store and check both parts out. If it’s motherboard, it’s gone, but otherwise, you can still fix it for like 400-500 euros (5300 NOK at most)

As for specs, yeah, that’s a decent setup you linked, I would go for 16 GB of RAM memory and 512GB SSD (Windows fills 256 GB pretty quickly), but otherwise it’s really good.
As for video card, I think GTX 970 or 980 is still perfectly fine for anything you listed, including KCD, so you don’t really need the very latest model

Basically, anything with new i5/i7 and GTX 1060 6GB/RX 480 8GB will run new games fine on 1920x1080 resolution.

Expensive? Sure, its norway :stuck_out_tongue: but my old pc is a laptop that is pretty old and now the motherboard is broken and a wire and stuff to the cmos battery

I dont know prices in Norway and their equivalents, but I guess it would be kinda similar everywhere. Certainly in price you have linked, I would go for GTX1060 6GB, 3GB is too low for such money and it isn’t also in balance with Core i7. For such PC I would also go for 16GB but that is not mandatory, you can improve later.
512GB SSD is a good idea, but certainly put some time into learning what is better. Cheap SSD (Kingston/Crucial etc) doesnt pay off. Better to buy Samsung (failure rates, writing/reading speeds etc…).

Also for such prices you have linked, in my country you would get components I have described and some seller would assemble it for free and run basic diagnostics if everything is ok.
Basically, buying already designed and assembled PC is more expensive and usually such sets are unbalanced. They might be KINDA balanced for someone who doesnt care and only wants a fine gaming rig, but for someone who cares at least a bit, will see flaws and design errors.
Also such sets are in weird cases, they are too small so they can fit anywhere, but later you will experience cooling problems. Or, on the other hand, cases are just too big to fit where you need. Best is to take measures of place where you want to place it, go through cases someone offers you and pick the one you like and fits your measurements (usually every midtower does).

Games you have mentioned will run just fine and you will have some backup if you will play only in FullHD. If you want to VR or UHD, you should go for GTX1070, but I guess that is not your concern :slight_smile:

1 Like

My advice is it depends upon what components you already have. Buying a bundle is a cost effective way, you can order a motherboard, cpu, cpu cooler and RAM, overclocked for quite reasonable prices and then add the remainder that you either have or buy. I’m guessing you live in Norway, but SCAN.co.uk is a good example of OC’d bundles, you may have some,thing similar.

if you earn 4k+ monthly then you can buy pc for 3k instantly and if you do 2k$ less customize it for 1k with gtx 1060 16gb ram intel i7 2nd gen and further. thats it.
5 years later you sell gtx 1060 for 50$ and buy new one

Well, thank for answer guys. I’ll see what I do, step 1 is to see if my creditcard laugh so hard I fear it will do when I ask it if I can buy a new pc…

Sure, I know that feeling, my credit card is laughing at me all the time… Cheers and feel free to ask here again :wink:

I am in the U.S. and I have built all my own gaming for the last 22 years. My PC’s typically last me from 5-8 years. I know that seems like a long time, but the technology really isn’t really changing that much. The thing is you do not build your own to save money. You do to get the most bang for the buck. Here in the U.S., GOOD gaming PC’s cost around $1300-$1500. That has been true for the last 20 years. That is just sweet spot in dollars. Sure, you can spend $3,500 for a PC, but that’s just for bragging rights it doesn’t really get you that much more in practical terms. The most import thing is to get a motherboard with the fastest bus speed available. That gives headroom to grow your system. The bus is the one thing you can’t change without swapping out the whole motherboard. You can always get faster memory or a faster CPU if you need it, as long as the motherboard will support it. I typically the fastest Motherboard I can with the best chipset (you have to do your research). Then I get a middle of the road fast CPU and fairly fast memory. Basically fast enough to run current gen games. Also a fast but not hideously expensive graphics card. (If you do your homework, Tom’s Hardware and others, you can get a really fast card for a few hundred dollars). The whole trick is to buy parts that are fast enough for today and with room to grow. It is much easier to upgrade your graphics card or your CPU or memory in a few years instead of a whole new PC. Of course, if you build your own, you fix your own. Don’t do it unless you are confident that you can support what you built, or that you can learn to support it.( I cheat, in the real-world, I am an I.T. professional with 35 years experience.) There is a certain satisfaction to building your own and really understanding how it all goes together and how to get the best parts for the least $$. Like I said, I am in the U.S., your mileage may vary.

https://www.komplett.no/product/906834/gaming/gaming-pc/stasjonaer/asus-rog-gr8-ii. I also looked att this pc, but then I deffently have to buy a hdd to…

Don’t recommend H110 chipset. Would go for H270 (fewer PCIE lanes) or Z270 (more PCIE lanes), that is what basically borgkube tried to tell you. It’s important to have MotherBoard (MB) that has enough connectivity. I’d advice you to go for H270. You can use Z270 for overclocking (you will not do that, you are not that type of a user) and you won’t need that extra 4 PCIE lanes (you could need them in case you want to plug two graphics cards into SLI => shouldnt do that, its terrible waste of money for little gain). But you can save money on buying H270, that you can give elsewhere.

I don’t want to do some advertising, so I have sent you link with user’s list of components with actual prices. These prices are for Czech republic only, but I guess it will be similar. It’s better balanced than what is in your links, and it’s cheaper by 1130 KON. You can google parts and see what is their price in your country. You can still go for a better PSU and you can get much cheaper case. I chose PSU that is kinda cheap and very good for it’s money (very good failure rates, 80+ Silver certification so it’s silent and doesn’t radiate too much heat) and case is cheaper variant of mine H440. NZXT is imho kinda good brand, that or you can go for Fractal Design. Or you can save and buy cheaper Zalman, for example Z9 (that one is kinda popular among people who will use it only for gaming)

My advice: don’t buy GTX 1060 3GB, especially not for heavily modded Skyrim and Fallout 4.
For gaming at 1920x1080 is optimum RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB with at least i5 7400 - i5 7600K, but if you wait until March 2nd, there will be new AMD Ryzen cpu, with better performance/ price ratio.
For same 229 - 259 $, which is price - i5 7600K (4 core| 4 threads) will be 6 core|12 thread AMD Ryzen 5 1500 or 1600X

If you want to run fallout 4 at max settings 60fps+, which means;
HD texture pack
gras and object fade max
shadow distance max
godrays max
as well as antialiasing FXAA

because those are the most performance heavy settings, you will need to wait for the new 1080ti in a few days. i have a 980ti which is about as powerful as a 1070, and at max settings 1920x1080 i get about 40-50FPS in the normal areas, and about 30FPs in the cities. the game is abnormal.

What cpu do you have? It’s looks like cpu bottleneck, because 980Ti should max. Fallout 4 at 1920x1080: http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review,19.html

My full system specs are
EVGA GTX 980 Ti superclocked
i7 6700k (Water Cooled)
16GB RAM
Msi Z170

every cpu bottlenecks in some way. but i don’t think my system would allow any severe disadvantages.
and i mean, bethesda themself RECOMMEND a GTX 1080 for their HD textures.

Ok, your cpu is clearly fast enough for GTX 980 Ti, but you should try patch 1.9.4 or lower shadow quality, according this article: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Fallout-4-Spiel-18293/Specials/HD-Texture-Pack-Benchmark-Comparsion-Patch-194-1220187/
because even GTX 1060 or RX 480 with HD texture pack have average 70 FPS
Google translator:
Patch 1.9.4 brought with it a tuning, which concerns the performance critical shadows. Strictly speaking, one could speak of a “downgrade” here, the shadows in the distance are now somewhat more vague and lower. In normal game situations, however, this is hard to see, but it is a little more noticeable when you step into an elevated position and look at the shadows from there with an oblique angle. Before you complain about the unimaginative loss of quality: Most players are likely to have reduced the shadow settings by hand because of the fluctuating performance they caused. Maybe they can raise the shadow quality again in the option menu, which would lead to sharper shadows in the close range. The effect of shadow tuning is also very pleasant: especially in urban areas, the performance is much better, annoying input lag falls much less strongly and the slowdowns are now virtually gone. For this performance boost, however, it is enough to download the 83 MB patch 1.9.4.

1 Like

Yeah, optimization is still the key, even nowadays… :slight_smile: