New to game and I can't progress

I have collected all of the items for father in the beginning scene but when I try to give them to father it says that the game is still downloading & I have to wait before continuing game play.

1 Like

hey, thats a really weird one i never heard of before. are you playing on xbox, ps,or PC. if it happens to be steam on pc i know you can verify the integrity of the game. if u dont know how i posted 2 screen shots that should help. Also Was the game actually downloading when this was popping up for you ? if your on xbox or PS and your getting that message, 1st thing id ask is how full is you console’s storage ? maybe u dont have 100% of the space that u need? i found on google, KCD needs 30 gb of space and i dont think that includes the dlc . if you have plenty of space then the last thing id try that i can think of is a full re-install, since ur at the very beginning it wouldnt be that bad at all. hope you found this a little helpful.

step 1, right click on KCD in your steam library and at the bottom of the drop down menu youll see “PROPERTIES” go into that.

step 2, once in properties, select LOCAL FILES ( at the top, 3rd option in starting from left to right) once in local files then select “verify integrity of game files” . this will take some time, but let it do its thing if your missing files or something this can fix it.

o and, welcome to the community!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I had just downloaded the game onto ps4 (a fairly new system with only 2 games on it prior to adding KCD), but apparently after it downloaded, it decided to add an undate after I’d started the game and while I was playing. I had to wait about 1/2 an hour before I was finally able to speak with father and the beer had gone cold (darn it). It did finally allow me the option to speak with him, though it took quite a bit of real time. Anyway, I love the game!

2 Likes