New Video update - The Combat System

How is the work affected by the lack of staff, i.e. the number of open positions you are advertising lately?

1 Like

Yes, we are already working on new videos, which will be more interesting for backers than this one. But I can´t tell about the content yet.

@snejdarek, you are coming to the wrong conclusions here.

2 Likes

I think they are just looking for more talent, perhaps for games beyond kingdom come

3 Likes

I thought that world will end after KCD release …

2 Likes

they wanted to do 3 different acts at the start of the kickstarter. Then they decided to make 1 bigger game, combined act 1 and part of 2. So perhaps in Kingdom Come 2 we get the rest of their original planned story and more.

If, of course, the game is a financial success. Because they are a business. I don’t know when Warhorse considers the game a financial success. Because at first they had a private investor and the kickstarter was there to show that there is interest in the game so the investor would invest more. At this point, they have grown a lot in size as a studio. And the development time has increased somewhat. So I don’t know if the private investor is still around or not.

Ofcourse I hope we will get many games from Warhorse in the future, and at some point they will be up there with CDPR, in terms of quality, story and world building and ofcourse being great to the community. So far, i am confident that they will become a 2nd CDPR, becaus we could use more developers like them at this moment…

1 Like

I am really pleased to know that everything is on track.Hiring new people is not sign of worry in anyway but its a sign of growth and prosperity of warhorse studios.

2 Likes

We showed something new for the backers to show here at the Paris Games Week Livestream:

From minute 40 onwards, you can see some stealth gameplay and news about random encounters.

5 Likes

And to be honest people tend to be sick a lot in this time of a year. there is nothing bad to have a new employee to make the progress faster.

Wow some really strange offtopic up in here. Very strange indeed.

About the video… Great job, the presentation was awesome. Prettay prettttay good. Have a fun weekend warhorse.

1 Like

Thank you, I saw it yesterday and was happily surprised to see these random encounters.

Do these connect to the points of interested that you discover while traveling? Or are they truly random?

What I mean is, is another stream while Henry is riding towards Neuhof, there are some pop-ups about locations discovered. Or is this something entirely different?

That is something different :slight_smile:

1 Like

I absolutely agree!

However we hardcore PC gamers ask for more realism and less nonsense, that much the devs make it more arcade…
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I would go as far as to make the combat directional star optionally invisible, so that it doesn’t interfere with your immersion. No HUD - better experience! And gamers could orientate by the position of their weapon, it is perfectly visible, plain and simple. Sadly, @warhorse won’t probably consider this. Hope they will at least make the crosshair dot optional, as it was promised before.

"Hope they will at least make the crosshair dot optional, as it was promised before."
I think they decided not to but even if they won’t make it optional, I’m quite sure there will be no HUD mod, it should be quite easy to make.
I tried combat with no HUD command and it works well you don’t need the star.

1 Like

That’s what I mean - in reality, you don’t need ANY hud for the combat. Neither the dot when not in combat.

So, for me it feels like a blow under the waist that @warhorse had forgotten about their hardcore orientation and decline to do something so easy as to allow us to play withut hud and/or crosshair.

That is maybe I think because someone might say thay the PC version became better than consoles with these options, something which devs can’t afford, not after they became mainstream studio… Of course, they can make these hardcore options on consoles too, but I doubt anyone who plays with joystick would appreciate it.

Controller is by default so worse than keyboard + mouse for 1st and even 3rd person games that even after tons of optimization for controllers and downgrades for K+M, the latter is still better. They can’t play without auto-aim, auto-center, auto-stick-to-the-road, auto-orientation, auto-rotation, auto-whatsoever. And for K+M, you don’t need any of that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe the dot/ crosshair when in combat is something that has been there since day one.

Then there are two hud elements left. The healthbar is necessary because you are not in henry’s body, you do not feel how much longer you can run. Or when you have taken a hit to an arm and are bleeding from it, which means you know immediatly why you’re arm is slower or wont move at all. So that is why we have that bar with the icons next to it.

The compas, yes that is a hud element that should be able to be disabled by choice. Then again it is a huge game, so some guidance is helpfull.

Still, hud is a point of personal preferance. I’m sure there is a menu to change things.

To be fair, the HUD was in the game (looking pretty much the same as it does now) even before we had any console version.
As far as I remember Warhorse never claimed that HUD will be optional.
So, concerning HUD we did not change a thing in favor for consoles.

thats why i ordered also ps4 version so now i got ps4 and pc version and i can play sametime different styles

Yes, I never said @warhorse promised an optional HUD. That said, it is very easy to imagine it for a game like Deliverance where maximum realism and immersion might be pursued in a video game. So many expensive resourses were implemented - motion capture, professional acting and combat, etc. to be let down visually (for some gamers) by non-removable HUD. I suppose there will be mods about this, but still it always work better when the devs do it rather than modders.

There are many games which aim to be far less realistic than KC, but have an option for All-Off HUD. Most recent one I can point out is Dying Light. Such a difference when playing with or without HUD…

That’s why I think of it as a missed opportunity for more hardcore and immersive gameplay, given the fact it shouldn’t be hard to make. Optional HUD I mean, or at least optional center dot.

But all in all, I think KC:Deliverance will be a good game nonetheless. Hopefully it will be great.

I get your point
I just wanted to point out that this is not an issue created by consoles.

Yea, we all here are trying to achieve that. So far, I must say, things are looking good.

4 Likes

I hope that we can take your words as guaranteed.

If you hadn’t told us the truth you will have to choose between:
a- A strawl a cross the Sahara or,
b- (in my eyes even more painfull) have to drink 100 Liters warm Budweiser beer at one evening but not the good bohemian stuff, no american Budweiser! :persevere:

1 Like