New Video update - The Combat System

Check our new Kingdom Come: Deliverance – The Combat System Video!
Daniel Vavra and Viktor Bocan present a variety of weapons, attacks, counters and moves during the intense fights of Kingdom Come: Deliverance.
What’s your weapon of choice?

8 Likes

Woah that was fast

2 Likes

My brain will be my weapon of choice :smiley:

3 Likes

What a smart move :wink:

1 Like

fighting looks really intense. Nice Video Update
I think I will choose the dagger…(To Jakub Guman: I promise not to kill a Monk :smile: )

2 Likes

Nice Video,
I like the blood fontain at 1:30 beating Runt.

BUT I dislike the arrow flying animation at 4:33. That´s completely off. Looks like a wizzard spell. Bah! Want it realistic… no magic!
Nobody needs to know exactly where the arrow flys. If it´s too fast you are too slow.
Will you highlight loot with a glow???

Edit: I will play the game anyway, but…but this is not nice! :wink:

3 Likes

The arrow flying - isn’t it something like slow effect when doing perfect block? I would say so. Maybe it is result of some perk. You can shoot faster, so when shooting, everything slows down.

I liked it, so far so good!
There are some things to work on, but it’s quite good!

Felicitaciones!
Subtìtulos en español (y otros idiomas) disponibles tambièn.

Indeed, arrow thingy looked like some perk, allowing you to follow arrow path more easily. Or it also might be toggle-able thing in options (because in real life, its much easier to follow your arrow then on low Fov-low Res monitor

I want it!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that reaction to all the negative combats regarding KCD fighting from the last open venue?

1 Like

Don´t know, but I think 15 minutes at gamescom are not enough to come into the combat system. You need more time and fighting training to become familiar with it. Maybe the combat system is to complex for some players. Personaly I use more the bow, from a save distance… :slight_smile:

Maybe.

I don’t follow KCD as close as I did during time of original release scheduled in 2015, but of all the few videos Ive seen from the latest public presentation in English, German, Czech, Polish, what I remember was most presenters lamenting about the fighting mechanism.

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Please no arrow glovy animation!!!

1 Like

Was there that much negativity on the combat? I thought the animations were their biggest problem.

I think this was the same video update about combat.nothing new or latest information about game’s development. Is everything ok at warhorse studios??? Is another delay coming due to bugs like texture popping and stiff or stilted NPC…i really wish everything is fine at studio.

1 Like

Well their “we are hiring” posts have become a commonplace on Facebook. Not a good sign.

2 Likes

Hm. I wonder if combat has “attack angle choosing” deadzone fixed yet? In beta, it felt like something designed for gamepad and was quite horrible to use with a mouse. Even slight error in mouse movement made you pick attack angle that you didn’t really want. It was crappiest thing about combat.

What I’d really prefer to this clumsy system is holding down mouse, choosing angle with wasd, and releasing button to attack…

Or just some deadzone in the center of the screen so you’d have to move mouse more to actually pick angle - so it wouldn’t be so sensitive. A bit like aiming deadzone in ArmA series - moving mouse only moved your gun if you moved a little, if you moved mouse even more, it actually started moving camera like in typical FPS

1 Like

No, we are on time. The release will be the 13th of February as planned. The Video Special is not a video-update to talk about the progress of the development. It is a special to go delve depper into the combat system, which is a known feature for backers, but not so well known to new customers.

3 Likes

Any other updates for us backers, that have been around for awhile?

2 Likes