Night and problems seeing

Right now half the time in game you cant see what is happening or where your going. Your eyes are pretty useless at night. If you made the game say 40% darker outside and drained away the color it would be more realistic, also i have found the inn or a place to rent a bed in town. The only bed i could find is at the quarry. Also the inn and other shops should have some sort of sign

That’s why you start with a torch in your inventory.

1 Like

I agree with rita32g but I’ve seen that I have a torch in my inventory but cant light the damn thing :unamused: how am i supposed to see if I cant light my torch :confounded:

In the inventory screen, press E to equip it, then press 1 or 2 while in game to use it.

If wandering around town, make sure you don’t also have a sword in the right hand, as you equip both left (shield/torch) and right (sword/axe/mace) at the same time and carrying drawn weapons will get you fined and/or attacked if a guard spots you or is summoned by a citizen.

I have the same problem , sleeping take forever , the night is way too dark and the torch use is awkward ,
you must understand that the player /game interface is VERY important , not a small detail at all .
It affect the game play-ability , the easier and more intuitive it is the better .
Now the interface is an obstacle , that is wrong and can sink the game !

The dev version has a proper nightsky as to the latest video. Maybe then we have indirect lightning

@warhorse: As for torch uses,Why not putting the torch above abnd slightly behind the head to create a lightsource, which does not shine into the eyes?

Your right i just feel that night needs some work, or the sleep cycle i get the realism of it, but in reality when you end up watching a slow moving dial rotate

Also you dont seem to be able to equip the torch when on horseback, which means you have to walk if you want to see where you’re going!

Try to equip the torch in the precise moment Henry is getting up on the horse.

You can then have torch on the horse.

Torches should also be used as a weapon