No Alpha for Linux/Mac backers?

So no need to countinue this thread I think.
An other one start when the alpha where available, an ‘who to play it on wine’ if it’s possible and it will be :smiley:
I have a good friend who arrived to play almost all game he try if i can’t do it by myself :wink:

You will be able to choose Mac/Linux version later, no problem. Just Alpha is Windows only due to the lack of time/resources. Thank you for understanding!

3 Likes

it was never promised for alpha. and if you think pc means all os for pc, then do you honestly expect them to develop the alpha for the hundreds of possible different os combinations? or just the specific platform you happen to be using?

developing multiple versions of alpha just isn’t good use of resources. i’m surprised people actually expected warhorse to do a mac version, a linux version, maybe a ubuntu versions all at the same time for an extremely early test build. people cannot go around expecting their demographic to be catered in such a way.

1 Like

@213 - Good Lord, did you actually read what I said?

“The alpha is one thing, as they ruled that out a long, long time ago, and that is absolutely fair.”

Yeah, i just upgraded to Baron on their webpage a few mins ago, cause i saw that it said alpha and beta were available for PC/Linux/Mac as well. Now come to find out it’s only Windows?? I never pledged for this game on the kickstarter, only this site. So i never saw that Update #17. I hope they get their Cryengine updated to the version that allows you to export to Linux, so we can play this.

As far as I know the full Linux support added in CryEngine 3.8.1 is basically a matter of choosing the right build platform when compiling the project. In ideal situation it should only need some fine-tuning and fixing few platform-specific bugs that might eventually appear.

Would be nice if they’ll do at least one public test build for other platforms before the release so we can report performance and/or help with potential issues if they ask for it.

1 Like